My smashed viper

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How are you feeling? Have you seen the Docs yet? Does your car insurance cover you for medical? Just wondered how it works over there? You can always get another car, its yourself you need to look after ;)

:uk:

Been to the Dr. Got some X-rays, some meds, and told to take it real easy, then start looking at rehabilitating the back and neck. I also have under Dr recommendation appointments to be looked at by a chiropractor, and possibly a nuerologist as I'm having a hard time with short term memory and just general cloudiness in thought which made working the few days after (from home) very tough as I was mixing up shot names, making horrible edits, and just messing up stuff left and right. Even a friend said to me the other night that I didn't really seem myself and was not as quick as usual. :rolaugh: Not what I want to hear. I'm sure it is just going to take a while for everything to get back to working order.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't deserve that Makara, sorry to hear about this incident, that was a great looking GTS, nice pics too. Good luck on a SRT hunt, there's some good deals out there. Hopefully it was just a slight concussion, hope you get better asap.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel bad for your loss. I hope you get to feeling better fast and get back behind the wheel of a FE. They are a special car. What # was your FE?
did the girl that hit you have insurance? I know it must really hurt losing your car as i enjoy going into the garage each day seeing my cars and just waiting for the day to take them out for a drive again. Good luck on all fronts.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makara, Sorry to hear of your viper loss! Try not to worry about your car, worry more about getting your back in shape. I had an '06 totaled at a shop in san Clemente about 2 years ago. After a month of plenty of anxiety, I ended up with a replacement car and $2-3K ahead. Sure sucked when it was going on, upset about the loss, uncertaint about the ultimate outcome. Get help from all your can, JonB helped, so did Dan @ DC as well as Ollie (who used to work w/Dan and has his own body shop in LA). Push ******* the insurance, if they come in low fight back. For me, dealing w/State Farm, they ultimately sent my clain to an exotic independant adjuster. Guy was great and was an enthuiast. I also would tell you to get your insurance company to push on her's that's what I did.

In the end all worked out, anxiety ended and now I have a great story to tell. Take a bunch of pictures so you can tell your story later. Best wishes! Mike

ViperClub Photo Gallery - 06 coupe RIP 102215