My SRT Track Experience

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the SRT Track Experience..August 16 thru August 19 in EnglishTown NJ ( I attended the August 19th event ). This was my first SRT Experience as well as my first time on the track. I had a great time! It was Awesome!!. I would definitely recommend this event to everyone!! I got to drive the 2012 SRT Challenger, SRT Charger, SRT 300C and The SRT Cherokee. My favorite vehicles to drive were the Challenger and Cherokee. Sadly there were no Vipers there to be test driven, but the good news is The Crew Chief ( Shake- N- Bake ) said that the 2013 Viper would be at the next SRT Track Experience Events for 2013. He also said he hopes to see you guys at the VOI-12 in Charlotte...:rolaugh:

Just Thought I'd share a few pics with you....

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• DSCN0248.jpg
    DSCN0248.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's way cool that they still make a fun day out of using up fuel and tires. Did they have any Vipers for the hot laps session? -2009 in Las Vegas, I got to ride with that Shake-n-Bake guy Ricky Haynes. He is a crazy drifting dude. Very entertaining ride. Those were 08 Vipers. A Venom Red and a Snakeskin Green. I think the last season that they let people drive Vipers was 2008. I did the SRT event that year as well, and thought it was cool to get to drive the new gen IV - at the time.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Vipers at the Topeka session last month. I also found out I am not a very good race car driver, but not bad either. was a fun event.

Bruce

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly they didn't have any Vipers at this event. I was kinda hoping they would at least have some 09's or 2010 Vipers to test run...But all in all I had a great time. Good news is...They'll have the 2013 Viper ready for the SRT Events in 2013...Can't wait to sign up so I can drive that car!!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT will more than likely have the new Viper there, but will only be available for the 'hot laps' ride along session. 2008 season was the last year that the SRT Track Experience included a 'driving event' that featured the Viper that allowed 'regular people' to pilot the car. Think about it, not very safe to let just anybody who signed up to get behind the wheel of a monster car just because they bought a Charger.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT will more than likely have the new Viper there, but will only be available for the 'hot laps' ride along session. 2008 season was the last year that the SRT Track Experience included a 'driving event' that featured the Viper that allowed 'regular people' to pilot the car. Think about it, not very safe to let just anybody who signed up to get behind
the wheel of a monster car just because they bought a Charger.

I have to agree with you on that one. I can't see the guys from SRT taking a chance on a guy who just bought a Charger and allowing him to drive a brand new Gen V Viper unsupervised...But it would be nice if the guys from SRT allowed ONLY VCA MEMBERS the exclusive privilege of driving the new Gen V unsupervised during SRT Track Experience Events...I know it's wishful thinking but maybe the guys from SRT are listening and can make it a reality!!..HHhhmmm..!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jog - I love the picture of your car next to the trailer - Courtney and I were at Englishtown the day before you! We were on team Shake-n-Bake too - did your team win the autocross competition? Unfortunately it was pouring rain in the morning so we didn't take my car down there - but Courtney's SRT Jeep is a cool "second choice" haha.

I was even more impressed with the SRT 300 than the last generation ... if only they would build one with a 6-speed.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jog - I love the picture of your car next to the trailer - Courtney and I were at Englishtown the day before you! We were on team Shake-n-Bake too - did your team win the autocross competition? Unfortunately it was pouring rain in the morning so we didn't take my car down there - but Courtney's SRT Jeep is a cool "second choice" haha.

I was even more impressed with the SRT 300 than the last generation ... if only they would build one with a 6-speed.
Unfortunately my team didn't win the autocross competition, but I still had a great time. I was very impressed with the futuristic dash board set up on the 300 SRT, and it was also the easiest to drive. But my favorites are still..the Challenger and Jeep SRT Models......Curious; when I left the track on 8/19 around 5pm, I passed someone on the road with a Silver Vert ( same as mine ). They waved to me and I waved back...Was just curious to know who that was?...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62