My stock 01 ACR dynoed 444rw/hp 473.9 ft/lb today. Any feed back would be great.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to the dyno today. Stock ACR,temp was ideal at 70.
1st pull was 429 hp 454 ft/lb.
2nd pull was 442 hp
3rd pull was 444.2 hp 473.9 ft/lb
I think these are pretty good numbers for a stock car with 293 miles. Dynapack series V4.5

would post dyno sheet but don't know how. help!!!!
embarass.gif
embarass.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">What did you have in the tank, methanol? Seems awfully high for a 100% stocker, especially one not broken in.

E-mail me the dyno sheet and I'll post it for you.</FONT f>

OP
OP

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this was WR/HP done by Cinjo Racing (the team that TOMMY ARCHER drives for. the Dyno is one of about only 8 in the country. I have never seen one like this . it is done with the rear wheels off and then hooked up to the dyno. Dodge had a 01 ACR there last week and its #s were 421 rw/hp 439 ft/lb. with 350 miles.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh. That's an interesting way to dyno, but it unfortunately isn't directly comparable to any of the other dyno figures being bandied about. You skip the part of the driveline loss attributable to wheel inertia and rolling friction.
Still, sounds like you have a very healthy ACR!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roughly 490 HP? That doesn't seem right. Maybe it's an uncorrected number? That would be cool if it were right though!
Let us know what you find out, I'd ask the dyno shop.
Regards,
Steve

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason your numbers are so high is because you took off the rear tires. Hence you don't have quite the normal drive line loss that "normal" dyno numbers have. I don't know how much hp is lost in rotating those big rims and tires maybe 10-15 each?

Also you should wait until 1,000 miles to open it up like that.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Here it is:

You must be registered for see images

</FONT f>

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yooowsa!!!

My 01 ACR (bone stock) ran 410.1 hp, 446.0 tq on the Viper Days Dynojet with @1400 miles on it. I was told by a few people, that these numbers were about right. I thought I would be in the 420 range but Skip's car (which was similar at the time) was also at a 410. If I recall it was in the Mid 70s, sunny and dry at Mid Ohio.

My Sapphire was delivered in March. Are they changing cams or anything in mid producion cycle or is this just the Cinjo dyno?

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a bit high. I would go somewhere else and double check to see for sure. If it is correct, it's the highest numbers I have ever seen from a stocker.

OP
OP

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although they remove the rear tires, they replace them with large hubs to connect to the dyno. I know these numbers are height but we did do 3 pulls, and the guys at Cinjo were very impressed with those numbers for a 100% stock car. like I said above they did the identical car for Dodge last week and the numbers were 421 RW/hp.As for the brake in, and many people agree that you cannot baby these cars for to long. 200 to 300 miles at most, the computer is learning you driving habits early. this is my 4th viper. once and a while you need to open it up for proper brake in. I did the dyno now because I am do headers and 3" exhaust for Belinger. and want to see the difference. So I will repost after the mods are done. Waiting for mods from BTR. Also the team from Cinjo was at Gingerman and tested some cars with mods. They said that one of the cars had tested 100hp less than the owner expected because of what a major tuner had told him that the car would produce.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts are: DAYUM!

My ACR dyno'd at 443 RWHP, 479 ft. lb of grunt. But stock, it is not.

I think you've got a keeper! Must be the Yellow!

Good going, now, GO MASH THE GAS!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Treynor has it nailed. BIG difference between driving the hubs and going thru the late-model heavyweight 5-spokes & rubber.

An interesting comparo would be for someone with a '99-'01 to do back-to-back pulls with stock wheels and Purner wheels with the same rubber. I bet there's 4-6 hp of inertia losses there.

OP
OP

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there could be many explanations for this.
1. Cinjos (Tommy Archers team)does not know what the hell there doing. I think they do.
2. I got very lucky with this car.I think so.
3. Dodge is under rating there numbers for HP on the car. Very well could be.
4. I got an early tester for the next Gen 500 hp at the crank. I hope like hell that's it.
All I can say is that this is what I got from the dyno at Cinjos. I do think that if other members got to try this dyno they would have higher numbers also, because they told me that Tire ware, tread depth , and tire pressure can change the RW/HP on the other Dynos substantially.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don, did you pick your Viper up off E-bay? I noticed a Viper bidder with a Shelby Township, Michigan address that got a 2001 ACR a few weeks back, and sold a Ferrari 360 F-1. Is that you? If it is, nice price on that Viper pinball machine.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense that the numbers would increase with the number of tests. The numbers usually go down as the engine and intake manifold get hotter. The first run is always the best one, in my experience. But, as long as you are happy with the results, that's what counts.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... or better yet, a dragstrip
smile.gif

Regarding the Purner wheels idea, it's a good one, but Michelin doesn't make a Pilot Sport to fit a 16"x10" wheel, and clearly running the M/T cheaters isn't a good comparison because they have more rolling resistance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960