My Underground TT '06 Coupe

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone already "stole" my one word to describe it....

WOW!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Years Resolution for me.....less time on phone with wife and more with kevin from UR.

That car is incredible!!!!

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as said over on VA, this car is sick!!! I look forward to seeing it in action at TX2k9 :D

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see what racing with that transmission is like, that's probably one of those things you can't race without once you do.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Lets hear more about the Holinger Sequential 6 speed?

The Holinger in my opinion makes the car. It can be operated with or without the clutch on upshift, I'm pretty sure the same holds true on downshift, although you'd better be pretty good at rev matching or things could get expensive.

The box drives like a standard six speed, obviously its sequential, so gear selection goes 1-2-3-4-5-6 then 6-5-4-3-2-1. There is a gear position indicator thats lets you know which gear you're in.

The clutchless upshift on my car is setup to ignition cut above 2,500 RPM's, meaning when you pull the gearshift lever to upshift a sensor sends a signal to the motec to momentarily cut ignition (making the clutchless upshift less of a stressful event). Under 2,500 rpms you use the clutch (or pretty much whenever you want).

The upshift is as simple as pulling the lever firmly and quickly, then it's done!!
ITs a fricking rush, especially in a big power TT viper, first time I did it at speed the question was "Do you have the stones to do it and see what happens?", LOL

Downside is the box is much louder that a stock T56 (straight cut gears whine, it is what it is). it is also more "on/off", when you get on or off the gas, the box lets you know you have.

Another plus is it is lighter that a T56, I don't remember exactly how much, I think around 40lbs.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have around 800hp-850hp to the wheels. Can you elaborate on what you mean about "the tires will boil at 150"? Thanks

I was doing some high speed runs, running 100 in the tank. The short story is I was pretty aggressive on the throttle, at around 150 I could see the tach climbing, car didn't seem to be accelerating, tires were spinning, I backed of the throttle till the car hooked and took it up to 185. One thing to note is that on pump my car was making abut 1,200 lbs of tq to the rear wheels, not sure on 100 (i don't remember). Point is that is a ton of torque for any tire to keep planted

Why stop @ 185, I had replaced the tail lights & turn signals, during that process i removed the rear diffuser, forgot to put it back on(DOH!). Viper, less rear diffuser=instability @185

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was doing some high speed runs, running 100 in the tank. The short story is I was pretty aggressive on the throttle, at around 150 I could see the tach climbing, car didn't seem to be accelerating, tires were spinning, I backed of the throttle till the car hooked and took it up to 185. One thing to note is that on pump my car was making abut 1,200 lbs of tq to the rear wheels, not sure on 100 (i don't remember). Point is that is a ton of torque for any tire to keep planted

Why stop @ 185, I had replaced the tail lights & turn signals, during that process i removed the rear diffuser, forgot to put it back on(DOH!). Viper, less rear diffuser=instability @185

:lmao: That is great!! Also... nobody has said this but I LOVE the color scheme of the car... ACR without the HUGE wing!! Very clean!!

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at UR back in august doing some dyno runs. Got a nice look at it in person while I was there. Was blown away. Has to be one of the meanest cars around. Absolute bad ass. UR builds some serious stuff. Coincidentally met, Matt (their lead tech) at a christmas party last weekend. Great guy. really knows his stuff. Congrats. Post some videos. want to hear that bad boy scream.

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i too have seen this car in person, bad ass looking!
only thing i hope to see is this thing take down the cocky guy on his gsxr1000 with the 5lb nitrous bottle hanging off the side from bridge to bridge. he says he's the king of the streets in vegas and i would love someone to dust him. says he beats all the TT vipers and anything else there is. hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang