My Viper Days Experience & Photos

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Well, I have never been to a track before. I have never even realy watched much racing in general before so I was as green a driver as they come. I signed up for the Mid-Ohio event and went a week or two ago. It was awsome!!!! I was a little nerveous at first by all the trailers and high end vipers that were there and thought ohh I might be out of my league here. Well I was way way wrong!! I went with the attitude of needing to learn and thats exactly what I got. As a Green (novice, beginner) you get 4 sessions 1/2 hour each on the track per day. You also get 3 classroom sessions. Skip taught the class sessions I was in and covered everything from oil to apex's. Then came track time, I was very apprehensive about this because I drove my car to the track and I need it to get me back home. I may not owe anything on my Viper but I cann't afford to replace 2K items all over the place either.
Being in the green group (any group for that matter if you want) you get an "in car" instructor with headsets. Mark was mine and I had him througout the entire event. Now, not to downplay that Viper Days is a Driving School it is! I had just assumed that my adventure on the track would be kind of lame actually, like not being allowed to go over 80mph or something. Hehehehe NOT!! My first session out after a few rounds through the track, I was hitting well into the 120mph++ on the back straight. It was freaking awsome! Mark and Skip worked on me getting some real world experience on what the GenIII brakes can do:eyecrazy: . I would never have imagined these cars can stop like this, nor take turns the way they do and I wasn't even pushing the car. You just cann't truly know what the viper can do until you get it on a track! There seems to be two working issues at hand when on the track. First what the car can do & second what I can do. I learned very fast that the Viper can do way more than I am willing to make it do. There is no pressure to push past your limits and you even get your last 1/2hr session if the instuctor lets you on you own. I met some great people had a great time and the food was great! Im going again! The top was free for me to use from Viper Days just an FYI. I got like 100 photos like the ones below from a sponsor (purchased) on CD I had to shrink them down because they are so high res.!Anyway Too much fun. Call Skip Thomas and/or Courtney (run the Viper Days events). You owe it to yourself and your viper to be the best safest driver with these cars that you can. You will have the time of your life!!!

Attachments

• LM2_2610.jpg
    LM2_2610.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 59
  • MK2_6552.jpg
    MK2_6552.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
  • MK2_6174.jpg
    MK2_6174.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
  • MK2_6092.jpg
    MK2_6092.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19
  • MKS_3221.jpg
    MKS_3221.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See if this helps for pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures and descriptions. Very glad to hear you had such a great time and thanks for sharing it with us! :2tu:

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I'm going in a couple weeks to the one in Texas. Can't wait. Sound like a great learning experience. If all goes well I will get to attend the one in Iowa and Kansas as well.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Shandon,
I finally posted some of my pics as well in the genaral discussion. I have a few of your car as well. I have more viper days pics at hppt://davemoore.smugmug.com
You can take any of the high res pics on this site, just right click on original and save it on your pc.
Mid ohio was a great time, it was great to meet you and the other guys
Dave

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some great photos Dave. It was great to meet you and your son! Hope to see you again some time. I think im going to get to the Putnam event in augast and maybe VIR if the wife will let me get away again.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon--Awesome story and pictures as well. We also don't track the car, same as you, we're 'greenies' too...so that's an awesome experience you had and one that we'd certainly love to replicate. Glad you had such a good time, and like you, we'd go in as wanting to LEARN not to race...but you got to do that also...best of all worlds!! Thanx for sharing. ~juli~

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon,
I finally posted some of my pics as well in the genaral discussion. I have a few of your car as well. I have more viper days pics at hppt://davemoore.smugmug.com
You can take any of the high res pics on this site, just right click on original and save it on your pc.
Mid ohio was a great time, it was great to meet you and the other guys
Dave
162 pix and not one of #12! :dunno:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the crack was good? It's addictive, expensive and the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Great write up!