My vote for the next ACR

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet there's a way to do it - the Gen V is about 77" wide, so it wouldn't seem impossible to add 1.5" on each side. Could be a bit tight in spots, but not impossible.

If they came out with a GT3-R that's re-badged as an ACR, I'd be all over it. Especially if they left the exhaust outlets and heat shields in place as-is. That would be one mean car.
well I guess it doesn't hurt to dream a little... definitely not saying it wouldn't be nice, I'd be having wet dreams every night if a widebody ACR were in store.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The T/A is our ACR for the time being. I'd say its worthy considering it beat the ACRs record at Laguna....and it didn't even have the BIG aero on the back. Heluva car!!!

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that you will see another ACR. They cannot sell existing 2013 cars why would they build another model. Better yet would Sergio let them build it?

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think that you will see another ACR. They cannot sell existing 2013 cars why would they build another model. Better yet would Sergio let them build it?
Good Point but.... Since they are already *** commited with a new plant, engines parts and craftsmen to build many more Vipers, go all in with this. How much more can it cost to lop the top off, (Vert) and to perfect the TA into the new ACR and wach them SELL. Then as these cars hit the street and people actually see them, the old inventory will dry up soon enough. Just add creative finance and discount and move them. Most people have never seen an add or a Gen V Viper. Proper marketing and Promo still are non-existant. The unsold cars and bad news travels at the speed of light and is costing SRT more in the long run!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Point but.... Since they are already *** commited with a new plant, engines parts and craftsmen to build many more Vipers, go all in with this. How much more can it cost to lop the top off, (Vert) and to perfect the TA into the new ACR and wach them SELL. Then as these cars hit the street and people actually see them, the old inventory will dry up soon enough. Just add creative finance and discount and move them. Most people have never seen an add or a Gen V Viper. Proper marketing and Promo still are non-existant. The unsold cars and bad news travels at the speed of light and is costing SRT more in the long run!

Yep, right now I'd push for the convertible and an automatic/DCT whatever (horrors) just to get the bloody numbers up, and done cheaply. Once the volume is there then the team can approach 'the Sergio.' Until then, asking for development dollars for a Gen V ACR will seem like a career limiting move.