My water injection install

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you were asking for pics, took these before I started adding the goodies to my Beloved. Will get some more pics took soon! (I don't have a digital camera, but I do have cool Aquamist!).

Installed 4 X 0.5 mm jets in the intake tubes (can go bigger jet sizes if need be)
370aquamistjets.jpg

Filter from the tank, and solenoid, pre jet.
370aquamistfiltersol.jpg

Pump, pressure control, and accumulator.
370aquamistpumpcontrol.jpg

And my 25 Liter water tank fits so snug, I was worried it wouldn't fit at all! (this thing took me hours of playing with cardboard and scissors to get the right shape and dimensions!)

370awatertank2.jpg

Controller and fault detection, also real time water injection flow rate display.
370aquamistmapdetect.jpg

The things we do to run more boost, reduce heat and safely pull more timing out...in the quest find more power!

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another pic (!I've just learnt how to post, thanks Neil!) of the intake tubes, see the location of the holes for the jets, just before the 90 degree bends into the rear of the SC inlet.
370redtubes.jpg

And all in the name of LOVE...
370naughty.jpg

Reaction score
WOW, slick setup. I built one for a turbo years ago when I was running 16 lbs boost on a Saab The system was triggered by a vacuume switch. How is your system switched? Do you use a mix of alcohol and water?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these bits are quality, well made items, the water tank is a work of art on its own, congrats. :2tu: Can't wait for a passenger ride, I think....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW more POWER Thought it was quick last time i went in it..
Nice powder coating buy the way...

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the system is triggered by a boost switch, which is adjustable. It's set to trigger at >3psi. I like the fact the controller maps the water proportional to the fuel flow (reads off an injector wire). I'm wiring in a manual driver control switch also.

Will only use distilled water. I think if adding alcohol, for the little amount used would be minimal to act as a fuel, and I would not want the corrosive properties it would bring. From what I've found out, it would be needed if say injecting pre throttle bodies, to stop the risk of the jets freezing.

Adam, I spent ages making up different shapes for each of the sides of the tank to fit the available space I wanted to use, then made the tank shape up in cardboard to check fit. I found a firm that do plastic welding, (they make water tanks for motor homes etc) I gave them all the measurements and templates and they made a really good job of it. I had the tank baffled, it has a breather in the filler cap and duel outlets. I can put you in touch with the UK company if you like?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very nice. Please let us know of the improvements, especially intake temperatures.

Good luck and I hope you can run more boost or timing or both.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nadine,

Please let me know the cost of that tank. I would be interested in buying one. Can I go through you to do it? Can you have it done in black? or make it clear so I can see the level in it? I also have a tank right now but it's too small. I have a low tank sensor in it right that makes it kind of tricked out. But I want a tank I can mount in the rear so I don't have to open my hood all the time.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great post Nadine and excellent work! You are right on the money and know that you have the skill and patience to get GREAT results out of that baby!

Are you running a blocked jet/no water warning system or a auto timing retard for water injection failure?

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, a couple more pics of the tank I had made. The company only makes them in blue, that is the material they work with, and no windows, you'll have to take a peek in the filler cap; or just an idea, you could have 2 tiny outlets top and bottom and run a clear tube between them (as water always finds it's own level. At about 25L, and our gas tanks are 75L, even if you were using max 25% water and on the boost all the time (!) you would have more than enough to last for a tank full of gas. I figure on filling it up every third gas tank full to always have plenty. (I was going to cover mine in black, car acoustic carpet, using contact adhesive). The exchange rate is not good for you buying from the UK at the mo, price would work out at about $120 + S&H. I'd rather not get involved in selling, but if you can't sort something and want to let me know.
370watertank1.jpg

370watertank4.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Dam* those big size pics, thought I'd edited them!)

Dennis, I will get some pics took, I installed most of the kit and pumps in the trunk for it.

Hi Torque, thanks for the compliments. I am running a blocked jet/no water warning system, that was a must have, just one of the many items I've drilled my nice OE dash to fit! Didn't fit any auto timing retard for water injection failure, but I can be darn quick off the gas (as well as I can on it) LOL!

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'd be awesome... I just wanted to see some Uth. pics of it, anyway. Found a video somewhere in the net... Damn, sounds like a jet...

You have a Roe Charger, don't you? Well, a friend recently installed one in his '98 GTS, too... Hope to get him on an Autobahn at 150 + mp/h next time...

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Roes blower. Despite it sounding like a jet and having a wing, the airport runways won't let me out to play on their grounds...I have begged! You are lucky to live in the land of the Autobahn! Enjoy a ride in your mates '98.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The border isn't too far away...
I once met some guys from somewhere around London, that drive down to the Nürburgring on many weekends in the year, with their Super7s to make a few laps. They said it took them about 6 hours to get here... Dunno, they love it, and they're quite often here.

Must be some damn boring airports up there on the isle...
You must be registered for see images

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nadine,

I will contact you soon. I will look for soemthing local here, but if not I would love your help on this. What you have is exactly what I am looking for. I was going to go with a metal fuel tank (3 gallons), but it would corrode over time with the **** alcohol.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. I have the aquamist system in a saab as well. Pulling 19 lbs of boost. Nice water tank. I'm going to install one in my paxton car in the near future, but was told by a aquamist guru (been in euro mag) that the aquamist pump would not be strong enough to pump all that water through 2 jets, let alone 4???? He is going to config. a system using aquamist parts but with a pump that will be able to transfer a lot of water (atomize it). Let us know how it works. I'm glad to see that someone else is trying this. Can't wait for the results

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool Nadine. I understand that it is wise to use an inline filter or even better stick to distilled water that is sealed and protected from the sun - that way you have very little risk of a future blocked jet.

Cheers
:2tu:

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Torquemonster. I have inline filters (from Aquamist) one for each pump supply directly below the water tank outlet / supply (shouldn't get air locks then).

Manufacturing my own distilled water, got a good dehumidifer for the garage, which in wet old UK is producing plenty! I'm bottling it, by straining it first into the bottle though stockings, "double filtered distilled" sounds like a fancy beer huh!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You might want to add a millipore filter on your "distillery"...for bacteria/fungi, Nadine...since you are not using the boiling method.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That explains it! I have a 2 filter system in my saab and the jets never have become plugged. I'm using tap water as well, but it is not hard. Once every 2 months I fill half way with windshield washer fluid to clean lines and jet. This also gives a little more boost as well.