NA Power

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far has someone taken a GEN II in naturally aspirated form? How far can these motors be pushed without increasing displacement or using power adders? Also, "reasonable" streetability would be desired.

Who holds the record out there?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your question is very vague. What someone thinks is streetable another might not. However, the most powerful NA viper is probably TX WHOS YOUR DADDY. He ran a 9.4x or something real close to that. He doesn't share his dyno numbers but his mph was around 147 or so which is about 800-850rwhp.

A regular streetable viper with stock cubs would put out 600-620rwhp.

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS did a stock bottom-end car with Stryker heads, Motec, etc and it made 600 rwhp. Neither of those 2 mods are cheap, though. My car has a 510 stroker with ported stock heads, custom cam, headers, exhaust, etc, etc. and it makes 600 rwhp and 615 rwtq on plain old 91 octane. I think there is a bit of power left in my tune, (15-25rwhp across the board) because I'm not an expert and I'd like to take it to DC Performance this summer to have a reflash and my VEC2 fine tuned.

NA power is not cheap, but it sure is fun!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRC Fat Albert in Phoenix claims 800 crank hp from his stock size Gen II engines with a dry sump on race gas. I think they spin them to the mid 6,000 rpm range. RPM is the secret. I these Stryker heads could feed it (and I believe dyno charts posted show they have a chance), if someone built a bottom end and valvetrain that would spin to 7,000 rpm the peak horsepower would be massive.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Engine built as a NHRA Super Stock Engine (Stock TBOs, Stock intake/exhaust valve size, Stock intake/exhaust runner size, 060 OD, Stock Oils system etc). Is designed to peak about 800+ hp on crank. We're not sure if we will reach it, but hopefully will Kevin at EED soon know how much the masterpiece will deliver.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the reasons I did not build a NA motor was that these motors aren't made to spin into the higher RPM's and that is where a NA motor wants to be to shine. without the aid of cam bearings and other rotating mass designs, it takes a lot of talent and money to produce a high HP NA motor. JMO, KV