Need a mechanic

darinjdroll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Port Huron and I need some minor maintenance and trouble shooting. It seems this past winter storage was harsh on my viper. Its a 1994 with 20000 miles. I was on my way to the cema event sat and was stuck in stop and go traffic . The engine started overheating and only one fan was running. I had to stop turn around and head home. After cooling of course. Once on the highway the temp dropped down to normal. I checked the other fan with power and it turns on but it will not run during the overheating. There is no ac on the viper.

In a unrelated occurrence. Today with the temps in the 90s I found a puddle of gasoline under the right rear tire. The viper was sitting out in the sun and the gas tank over pressurized and leaked fuel. I removed the gas cap and the tank equalized stopping the fuel leak. Someone called the fire department and I had to deal with all of that fun. I am unable to preform this maintenance and looking for someone who would enjoy working on this viper. Id like go stay away from a dealer if possible. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had your tank totally full, the over flow is normal..high temps caused gas to expand, gas cap vents, fuel will come out cap and with a viper it is routed through a hose by the right rear tire. I thought there was only one fan, but two speeds. Will have to check my Service Manual. You will get a PM with some contacts for mechanics that work on Vipers. Or I will help ya.

OP
OP
D

darinjdroll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be great! I do need some assistance. My first thought was the temp outside, but the fuel tank was 1/2 full. It's still a possibility though. I am thinking a blocked vent, but do not know the fuel system. I ordered a service manual so hopefully that will help me out some trouble shooting.

02rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you order your service manual -- I have a 2002 and am thinking of getting a service manual to have it just in case.

OP
OP
D

darinjdroll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay...got a great deal. Both Service Manual and Power Train Diagnostic Procedures Manual for $45.00