Need a volunteer

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that I am a noob owner who has to deal with snow, would like to ask if any fellow Illinois owners would volunteer to answer some questions about prep and storage until the snow is gone.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive mine onto 2x12 blocks just to get it off the concrete(don't know if it really matters though). Plug trickle charger in and cover it.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never stored my cars in the winter, i dont know how some people can put the cars away for 4+ months and not drive it :)

I drive my viper ALL year round. Those nice winter weekends where the streets are dry and no remnants of salt on the roads im out getting the fluids going :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I change all the fluids, plug in a trickle charger and only drive on nice arm days but its not too often in the winter here in nnj.

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the neck of the woods that does not get plowed all that often or too well either. No salt, they use ash and sand... not sure if that is better or worse?

I have thought about taking her out when I can to keep things going in terms of fluids, but have alos thought about getting the rims chromed, so she would have to go up on blocks/stands.

What is the clearance needed for a car jack/lift to fit under a stock RT/10?

Oil was changed 300 miles ago, do I need to change it again for the winter?

Battery will be replaced as it is the stock one, and is going on 5 years now.

I just don't see me driving it all that much, and want to make sure that it is good for when the weather turns good...juts being anal:)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fresh oil.Full tank with stabilizer.Run it up to operating temp every 3-4 weeks.Use the windows,ac,heater everything.Every 2 weeks pick a part of the car to clean and dress starting with the interior.Get it dirty again in the spring.Also a good time for some mods.And my garage temp never drops below 50F.Has a vinyl tile floor.Has around 50% humidity.No condensation.Tires pumped up to 45 lbs.Tires sit on heavy rubber mats.Charge once in a while.Others will chime in. GTS Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery