Need advice on what to look for on a '94 RT/10

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently the high bidder on this '94 RT/10 and was wondering what should I be looking for or any known issues with the '94 model. I've heard about the stress cracks on the hood and the paint by the sidepipes, but what other common problems are there? This is the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEBI:IT&viewitem=&item=290112474707&rd=1,1

Most of the RT/10's I've looked at are at $30k or higher. I'm guessing this one is in the 20's because of the mileage (which I know the auction hasn't ended yet and could go into the 30s but...)

Thanks for any advice! :eater:

G

grcforce327

Seeing if the old style leaking head gaskets have been replaced with the updated $1000 ones!:D Change those fugly wheels!!!

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 2 '94 Vipers...

...stress cracks on the hood
...exhaust pods, paint problems
...head gaskets
...cracked/grommets around the gas filler tube, on the tank end....causes a "gas smell"
...leaking windows/tops, some cars are worse than others.....one of mine rarely leaked in the rain, the other you had to wear rain gear on a rainy day and the floor would flood

all relatively minor compared to the fun you will have in an early RT/10....lots of fun for the $$$...pay a little more and get the best one you can find...and get one with A/C

and yes, dump the early wheels :drive:

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...cracked/grommets around the gas filler tube, on the tank end....causes a "gas smell"

Yeah I have that now!

The biggest thing is the headgaskets, The hood can be repaired and who drives these in the rain?

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need A/C on this car. The heat the engine puts out is phenomenal. If you add it to one without A/C plan on an additional 4-5K to do so.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That front facia is beat to ****. Plan on $900 for a good strip and repaint. Dash has been repainted black. Should have the grey fuzzy paint that falls off if you touch it. I would go a few dollars more ($35,000) for an immaculate example with 20,000 or less. Make sure the head gaskets have been replaced and the A/C blows cold.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are gonna need a hartop and hard windows if you plan to lock it.
+3.5-4K to buy them if car does not have them.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look for the nicest one possible with AC. I spent 2 years searching until I found the right one. Having a hardtop and sliding side windows are a plus too.