need an opinion on value of 1980 ferrari 308gtsi

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a car dealership and I'm selling my 94 RT/10 through the dealership. I got a call from a guy in Chicago who wants to trade in a 1980 ferrari 308 gtsi with 29,000 miles. I haven't seen the car but the guy claims it nice. It's red with tan interior. I don't have a clue what this thing is worth? my guess would be somewhere around $22,500 wholesale??? I'm sure someone here will know what the market is on these cars and what to look for. Thanks for any help you can give me. Brett

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats funny, befopre I bought my viper I was in the market for a 308. I was looking at car with less than 15000 miles and they were going for about 30-35K. I would say with that miles retail would be high 20's.. So wholesale # you say is probably not far off..

Adam

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, that sounds about right if the 30K service has not yet been done. The QV models are more desirable that the Bosch fi cars. 200hp? HA! I'd rather have a '79! at least I could put in some racing cams and maybe push it from 250 to 275hp.

I was looking at QVs for a while. I planned to pump a 100shot of nitrous into it and hunt Vipers. My wife said, "why not just buy a Viper?" That was three years ago. You've got to admire that Pininfarina styling, though.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, he's emailing me pics in the morning. If the car is straight up I'll probably use $22,500.

I know someone who is looking for such a car.
Let me know if you get it.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go get'em, hot stuff! :D

262Magnum_PI.jpg

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-60 in 7.9, and the 1/4 mile in 16.1, plus high maintenance costs as well.:(
But they are relatively cheap to buy these days ($20K-28K), and the style still looks great.
So for a cruiser/poser, it could be a pretty nice car.

-Dean.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
0-60 in 7.9, and the 1/4 mile in 16.1, plus high maintenance costs as well.:(
But they are relatively cheap to buy these days ($20K-28K), and the style still looks great.
So for a cruiser/poser, it could be a pretty nice car.

-Dean.

Zackly, that's what this guy is looking for.
In a small town a Ferrari is cool no matter what model

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 308GTSi QV. Getting beat by Subarus, Civics, and a Pontiac was too much for me. The car was beautiful, but so small! Ever see an episode of Magnum PI where he had the roof on? No? There was a reason. He didn't fit. I barely did.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the styling looks dated-maybe it's cuz I'm in a GTS.. If I see someone in a 308, I kinda wonder if he was also looking at 'Bandit' Trans Ams. For cheap I'd take another 12cyl XJS. About the most poser bang for the buck I can think of. - Bond (James) Bond) is better than Magnum :) :usa:

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have flirted with buying a 308. I think they have drop dead georgeous styling. The engine power isn't that important to me, just a classic good looking car!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imports **** period. I'd give a grand for it...and if the car was previously owned by Tom Selleck, I'd give you $1,001.
Yup, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Mercedes etc.....their all POS's and **** :rolleyes:

Anywayz, I'd also say in the 22-25K range, a neighbor just got rid of his before we moved for about 23K, kinda funny that Ferrari would put out such a slow car even for then. I remember the 1st time I went for a drive I was all excited thinking it would be pretty quick (didn't know much about 308's), I was like "***, this is a Ferrari??!?" felt slower then our stock V8 Mountaineer.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Mercedes etc.....their all POS's and **** :rolleyes:
I'm not too crazy about the above cars also, but what problem do you have with the Lambo? I know dollar for dollar, the viper smokes the lambo. But to call it a POS? Fill us in.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about the above cars also, but what problem do you have with the Lambo? I know dollar for dollar, the viper smokes the lambo. But to call it a POS? Fill us in.
LOL, you misunderstood me, look what I quoted from the other post from above mine. I love those cars, it was just to the guy who said all imports **** period. You missed the sarcastic smilie, heh.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my brothers bought a '85 308 GTSi QV in spring for about 35K (major serv just done) car is in good(not great cond.) not very comfortable, not very fast. the lack of power steering is a throw back(especially parking!!) pedal box area made for Armani lofers only(and i thought my gen II RT's were small!!!!!) by the way i just drove this car on wed. Great style though and sound is great.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<Imports **** period. I'd give a grand for it...and if the car was previously owned by Tom Selleck, I'd give you $1,001.

>> I don't know about owned by him, but the 308 allegedly driven by him in the series is sitting out rotting in the sun at Universal Studios themepark in So Cal, paint blistering off, etc for the last however many years.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari,Lambo, P-car,Jag,etc are Euro trash.Built for limp wrist sissies.How many passes down a drag strip do you think they could make before they need their drive trains rebuilt.How often a major engine overhaul?They are ***** cars built for sissies with a lot of money and no sense of value. Bruce