Need assistance checking out a car in the Chicago area

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in a 96 RT/10 in the Chicago area (West Chicago). If there is a VCA member that could check out the car for me, it would be greatly appreciated. If you can help, email me at [email protected]. The car is located at Fox Valley Motor Cars, if anyone has any knowledge of this dealer, please feel free to post good and bad.
Thanks in advance,

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the red 2002 GTS with different wheels (than stock), It is very clean. I cannot believe it has been there as long as it has. And it seems to be a great price.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might be able to swing out there on Saturday.

Email me if interested. I have driven by there a few times, but never stopped.

Rob

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get ahold of Paolo Castellano. He lives in West Chicago, and is real close to Fox Valley Motor Cars.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Paolo, and he is checking out the car for me this evening on his way home. Is this board great or what!!!

Rob, Casey - Thanks both for your response, much appreciated.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't think of a more passionate Viper enthusiast than Paolo. Good Call! You'll wind up knowing more about the car both prior to delivery and more than any book will tell you!

Congrats on your purch!

Jay K.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first viper from fox valley, they are great people to do business with.

Should be no problems with Fox Valley. Purchased a car through them also without any issues whatsoever. I frequent the dealership just window shopping

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've talked to Paolo several times in the past couple of hours, he called me from his cell phone while he was inspecting the car. Jay, you're right on about Paolo's enthusiasm, and I couldn't have gotten a better critique. Anyway, I am passing on the car, Paolo found way too many "issues" that I don't need to deal with. As a matter of fact, when Paolo returned the keys to the office, the dealer asked with great anticipation "Well, what do you think?" Paolo then went into a 5 minute dissertation on all the problems he found with the car. When he was done, the dealer stared at him for a second, and then said "Ok, M___ER F___ER, you can leave now!".

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've talked to Paolo several times in the past couple of hours, he called me from his cell phone while he was inspecting the car. Jay, you're right on about Paolo's enthusiasm, and I couldn't have gotten a better critique. Anyway, I am passing on the car, Paolo found way too many "issues" that I don't need to deal with. As a matter of fact, when Paolo returned the keys to the office, the dealer asked with great anticipation "Well, what do you think?" Paolo then went into a 5 minute dissertation on all the problems he found with the car. When he was done, the dealer stared at him for a second, and then said "Ok, M___ER F___ER, you can leave now!".

I wish I could have heard Paolo's responce to that one!!

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...I didn't expect that from them at all (Fox Valley).

Paolo will tell it like it is so you can be sure you got a good description of the car :headbang:

Gheijos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out there a two weekends ago for the revealing of the new SSC (Shelby Super Car)...I wasn't too impressed. I saw the White-Blue RT/10 outside and ask how much as I passed....$43,500 was the response from the sales person. Currently listed on their website for $47,900.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out there a two weekends ago for the revealing of the new SSC (Shelby Super Car)...I wasn't too impressed. I saw the White-Blue RT/10 outside and ask how much as I passed....$43,500 was the response from the sales person. Currently listed on their website for $47,900.

They had that car on their web sight last week for $39,900, advertised as an Internet Special. Paolo found too many problems with the car for me to have any interest, at any price.