Need Engine Bay Pictures

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys, Im having a problem with my carbon fiber air box I bought. I have a custom radiator and aluminum upper pipe that looks like is getting in the way of this new box. Can you please email me pictures of your air box removed with the radiator hose in place so I can see how it sits in your car. Thanks! me email is [email protected]

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine.

2827fluidynetwinfan2s.jpg

2827cfairbox001.JPG

2827cfairbox002.JPG

2827cfairbox004.jpg

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine.

2827fluidynetwinfan2s.jpg

2827cfairbox001.JPG

2827cfairbox002.JPG

2827cfairbox004.jpg

Wow thats like the same box I got. How do you keep the box from hitting that red hose and pushing up the boxs? Im not able to bolt down the front of the box to the top of the radiator or get the box low enough to close the hood. Are you crushing the hose a bit with your box and is that whats clearing?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys, Im having a problem with my carbon fiber air box I bought. I have a custom radiator and aluminum upper pipe that looks like is getting in the way of this new box. Can you please email me pictures of your air box removed with the radiator hose in place so I can see how it sits in your car. Thanks! me email is [email protected]

Yours is completely different configuration from VPRVENM97. That may be the problem. What works for him won't for you? :dunno:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice airbox. Are there any advantages in how it flows or is it mostly a cosmetic change. It does look purty. I bet it really looks cool looking in the scoop at the cf.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I managed to find a way to get it to fit now but my coupler is 1" to short to reach the box. So ill need to get a longer one. Also one of the front two bolts to hold down the box is off by 1/4" I will need to file the hole open a bit more. I tested the hood and it closed without hitting anything. When you see how the air enters from the duct is astonishing compared to the stock one with the dip.

Also, the carbon box is barely a pound or two. I also have plans to ad carbon fiber half shafts and drive shaft as well.

Last edited:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with the airbox fitting at all. There's about 4mm between the box and the radiator hose. The hose does touch the aluminum cross member so I wrapped that area of the hose with some silicone fusion tape (you can see it in the pics).

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with the airbox fitting at all. There's about 4mm between the box and the radiator hose. The hose does touch the aluminum cross member so I wrapped that area of the hose with some silicone fusion tape (you can see it in the pics).

Its almost as if your red hose stick out more overall then my aluminum pipe does? Although I did get the box to fit correctly, slightly touching my pipe. In you pic its almost like the hose is squeezing against your box and your cross member forming an oval shape to it???

Last edited:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its almost as if your red hose stick out more overall then my aluminum pipe does? Although I did get the box to fit correctly, slightly touching my pipe. In you pic its almost like the hose is squeezing against your box and your cross member forming an oval shape to it???

The pic angles don't show it but the hose doesn't touch the airbox, only the cross member. I think the difference between your set up and mine is the the hose fitting on my radiator is lower then stock since i have the oil cooler on top. That would be the reason for the top radiator hose sitting a little lower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang