Need Help Deciding

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car he is talking about is over priced by at least 25K ( I know the car)so if you take that into consideration he is only spending 15k more for a much superior car.If he buys a correctly priced gen IV. That car will not loose its value and be equal with any Gen III the Gen IV will always be worth more than a gen III thats common sense. Look online at the amount of gen III for sale as opposed to the genIV I am sure more GeIV will start showing up as the gen V become more available. But there were more gen III produced. The Gen IV is not that much more than a Gen III now. It also depends on the car. Gen III prices are all over the place. Especially if they are moded. What you have to look at is the final bill of sale and the difference in gen III and gen IV are only about 20K on the high end.

Dude at 40k difference that's the most stupid advice I've heard. His going to loose that 40k in depreciation over the next 36 months. The gen3 will still be a solid 40-45K with those mods 3 years from now.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying spend 40k more on a Gen IV as that was not the original question. Everyone said the Gen IV is a better car. And it is. The original posters example happened to be 40k or whatever difference in asking price, which was given after the fact.

A gen IV convertible can be had for a realistic 10k-20k more than a comparable Gen III, sometimes even less than 10k more.

Gen IV converts low mileage can be had all day long in the 60s, for sure in the 70s. There is no reason to spend 90k+ on a used Gen IV convertible unless its a 1 of 20 ACR.
Yes I would not say spend 40K more. And you are correct 10K-20k more for a gen IV. I researched Vipers for months before I pulled the trigger. I am anal about that stuff and never purchase without being a expert on what I get. That orange Viper is 25K over market value. And if someone buys it at anywhere close to what they are asking I will personally drive to their house and smack them! :omg:

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the Gen IV is overpriced and unless it adjusts to something more reasonable I'll be passing on that one. I think the Gen IV is a great car but I also love a tastefully modded and maintained Gen III and the one I'm looking at appears to be just that. Still looking at options and intend to buy only after I'm satisfied I've explored all options.

Truly appreciate all the input and advice...that's why I asked. :)

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing I didn't do when shopping but was brought up after I bought my car. Call the Viper shops and ask if they have any customers that are selling their car. When I was at SPT I spoke with two owners with Vipers for sale. Also the shop would know the car and could give you exact details on all mods
I agree that the Gen IV is overpriced and unless it adjusts to something more reasonable I'll be passing on that one. I think the Gen IV is a great car but I also love a tastefully modded and maintained Gen III and the one I'm looking at appears to be just that. Still looking at options and intend to buy only after I'm satisfied I've explored all options.

Truly appreciate all the input and advice...that's why I asked. :)

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update - the dealer reduced the price of the TO Gen IV from 95K to 82K. Car has 1500 miles, polished intake, short throw shifer, 6-spokes, Corsa exhaust, and factory nav. Reasonable price?

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its atleast closer to where it should be in my opinion still on the high side but not in the holy **** your crazy part of the high side!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery