Need Help Making Decision on Buying Viper

Bookie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a friend who is considering buying a Viper but is not very good with computers. He asked that I post a couple of questions in hope the kind/smart people on the forum could help make a decision.

FRIENDS QUESTIONS
Currently have a deal negotiated with a dealer to buy a 2006 SRT 10 Convertible. I have a bunch of questions that I am hoping the forum can help with.

1. Car is red with 2,900 miles with a purchase price of $57,700. Am I getting a good deal?
2. Was also considering a new C6 Vette (possibly with a Callaway upgrade to 580 horse). Does anyone have both a vette (with or without Callaway) and viper, what are your thoughts between the two.
3. For the 2006 viper, was the heat issue eliminated. Any other dislikes.
4. Anything else I should consider when trying to make my decision.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend who is considering buying a Viper but is not very good with computers. He asked that I post a couple of questions in hope the kind/smart people on the forum could help make a decision.

FRIENDS QUESTIONS
Currently have a deal negotiated with a dealer to buy a 2006 SRT 10 Convertible. I have a bunch of questions that I am hoping the forum can help with.

1. Car is red with 2,900 miles with a purchase price of $57,700. Am I getting a good deal?
2. Was also considering a new C6 Vette (possibly with a Callaway upgrade to 580 horse). Does anyone have both a vette (with or without Callaway) and viper, what are your thoughts between the two.
3. For the 2006 viper, was the heat issue eliminated. Any other dislikes.
4. Anything else I should consider when trying to make my decision.

JULI...

:D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, thank you muchly DAVE!!!! Yes, we have a C6 '08 paddle-shifting 436hp/Z06 Exhaust RED Corvette and an '05 BLACK SRT-10 vert. Sounds like a reasonable price for the '06.
We switched out our exhaust to Corsa Track Exhaust w/headers/hi-flo cats on the Viper.
SOUNDS MEANNNNNNNN...just like it should!~! There is NO comparison of the Vette to the Viper...if you want a DRIVERS' car (YOU are in TOTAL control at all times)...then the Viper...if you want traction control/paddle-shifters (FASSSST take-off at lights!), more of a car to travel with: the Vette, whether Z06 or Coupe. We LOVE both cars...they are TOO different to make comparisons. GOOD LUCK to your friend, whatever he decides. ~juli (Hola Dave!~!)

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nasty, Nasty...was just jokin with ya........but if I'm driving the Vette, come alongside me!
I'd THOROUGHLY enjoy it! :cool: ~juli
(We like ALL cars...enjoy the VIPER VERY much, BOTH cars are VERY different, which I already alluded to)
I am just ****in with ya, altho you never answered about the members only jacket so I'm guessin thats a yes? lol. Its all good, if you guys enjoy the vette, have at it. Just not my kinda car.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just ****in with ya, altho you never answered about the members only jacket so I'm guessin thats a yes? lol. Its all good, if you guys enjoy the vette, have at it. Just not my kinda car.

NO, I do not have ANY Vette-related material...LOL! JUST the Vette itself...I wear the VIPER tees when I drive the Vette in fact!~! Thanx for the 'understanding'! (To each their own, right??? We NEVER diss anyone on their choice of cars, they like to show THEIRS off too! We can appreciate that!) We're cool~! :cool: ~juli

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please watch the rude comments folks.

(and, no for sale posts unless it includes a link to our classifieds.)

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO, I do not have ANY Vette-related material...LOL! JUST the Vette itself...I wear the VIPER tees when I drive the Vette in fact!~! Thanx for the 'understanding'! (To each their own, right??? We NEVER diss anyone on their choice of cars, they like to show THEIRS off too! We can appreciate that!) We're cool~! :cool: ~juli
haha as long as your sportin a Viper tee while rollin the vette your aiight in my book. And yes you are correct, to each their own.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha as long as your sportin a Viper tee while rollin the vette your aiight in my book. And yes you are correct, to each their own.

NOW, let's hope this we can get this thread back on track for the fella looking for info!
:2tu: :cool: ~juli

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you lived anywhere south of NJ (i.e. convertible weather), it would be the Viper Vert, hands-down, no discussion. Down here in beautiful TX, you'd have to be weird not to appreciate a Vert -- especially for those awesome hill country drives. :2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, thank you muchly DAVE!!!! Yes, we have a C6 '08 paddle-shifting 436hp/Z06 Exhaust RED Corvette and an '05 BLACK SRT-10 vert. Sounds like a reasonable price for the '06.
We switched out our exhaust to Corsa Track Exhaust w/headers/hi-flo cats on the Viper.
SOUNDS MEANNNNNNNN...just like it should!~! There is NO comparison of the Vette to the Viper...if you want a DRIVERS' car (YOU are in TOTAL control at all times)...then the Viper...if you want traction control/paddle-shifters (FASSSST take-off at lights!), more of a car to travel with: the Vette, whether Z06 or Coupe. We LOVE both cars...they are TOO different to make comparisons. GOOD LUCK to your friend, whatever he decides. ~juli (Hola Dave!~!)

You cant compare a 400hp automatic Sh!tbox to a 500hp Viper. Maybe someone who owns a Z06 can better compare. Just like your Vette doesnt compare to a Z06. Its like comparing a SRT crossfire to the Viper.

I was really torn between the Z06 and Viper, both are great cars. The Viper is more of a drivers car and is a little more exclusive. But Im sure you will get good feedback from some who own both.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've also owned the '04 Z06...again, NO comparison to the Viper. The Viper is RAW...the Z06 is NOT.
MikeR: You are correct, and I was NOT comparing the 436hp paddle-shifting Vette (LOVE it) to the Viper as you could see...I was responding as the question was a C6...that's my Corvette...no, not a Z06...FASTER than ANY of the older Z06's though! Anyone here try the paddle-shifting Vettes w/Z06 Exhaust???? FUN!!!! ~juli

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always seem to pass people in Vettes (Z06 and otherwise) when out in the Viper...and they even conceede it's an awesome car. I would go with the Viper as they are more rare and more fun to drive. Vettes are everywhere...Vipers are more exclusive.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant compare a 400hp automatic Sh!tbox to a 500hp Viper. Maybe someone who owns a Z06 can better compare. Just like your Vette doesnt compare to a Z06. Its like comparing a SRT crossfire to the Viper.

I was really torn between the Z06 and Viper, both are great cars. The Viper is more of a drivers car and is a little more exclusive. But Im sure you will get good feedback from some who own both.

Ok so besides the OBVIOUS that the Auto-poop-stick Vette has NO BUSINESS being compared to a Viper (I can't even believe a self respecting viper owner would get such a pos, if it was a C6 Z06 I could understand... but not that pile of crap.. including the pos c5 z06s mentioned which have NO correlation to the new z06).... besides all that I want to know why the hell you gave Julie yet ANOTHER opportunity to POST *****?? …!...

Damn you mike!;)

Jon

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so besides the OBVIOUS that the Auto-poop-stick Vette has NO BUSINESS being compared to a Viper (I can't even believe a self respecting viper owner would get such a pos, if it was a C6 Z06 I could understand... but not that pile of crap.. including the pos c5 z06s mentioned which have NO correlation to the new z06).... besides all that I want to know why the hell you gave Julie yet ANOTHER opportunity to POST *****?? …!...

Damn you mike!;)
Jon

HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I forgive you, you know not what you do! (WHO is juliE???) :) ~juli
(READ what I've written...PADDLE-SHIFTING......FUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Julie is the post *****, I obviously couldnt be talking about you, you don't post ***** right? How many posts do you have again?

Here.. I'll embrace your ... I mean Julies one of a million duplicate posts:

"PLEASE SHOW US A PHOTO OF YOUR STOCK CAR... PLZ PLZ !!!"

mY Response of course would really be: "Who the F wants to see a pic of a STOCK car, when we can get on the F'in mfg'ers webstie and see a STOCK picture..."

But someday I hope to be so anoyingly happy that I get excited to see the 20000th silver stock viper, or stock black one... and want to see pictures of it.. :rolaugh: Ok, no i dont.. if bein misserable means that crap doesnt get me excited.. I'll stay misserable.

Tell that other Julie Hi... just sadly... I know we need all types on this forums.. even ones that drive me nuts with thier post *******... because then you got me on the other spectrum. Gotta love vipers..

This reminds me of a thread over at the Alley, most annoying poster..........:lmao:

Well, we ALL love Vipers, guess that's one thing in common.:2tu:

Reaction score
I have both, to answer your questions more specifically, here goes:

My wife drives the vette, dime a dozen, nobody notices.

I drive the Viper, rare, everybody notices.

I'd rather drive the Viper, she'd rather drive the vette, are you a man?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They couldnt POSSIBLY been talking about Julie?? Do you have a link?

Yep, the link is 'juli'...on the Alley...but that's NOT what this thread is all about...I simply answered DAVE's reply that yes, I HAVE a C6 (NOOOO, not Z06)....AND a Viper, which is what the original question was. I DE-light in annoying you! You have made my day AND my night, THANK YOU~~! As far as wanting people to post pics of THEIR CARS...sure, why not??? EVEN IF IT'S STOCK...it's THEIR VIPER...they are HAPPY to HAVE IT!!!!
Not that you care, but of course, one of my greatest loves/passions in life is CARS/VIPERS....see, now you had me post AGAIN!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 6,071 and counting~~~~~:lmao:
~juli (no julie here!)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your friend looking for in a car? The each have their own strong points.

The best way I have heard it summed up is...

A Viper makes a great race car and a good street car, and the vette makes a great street car and a good race car.

Is it going to be a weekend fun car, Viper wins.

Is it going to be somewhat of a daily driver, vette wins.

Looking for attention, again the Viper blows it away.

Well, you get the idea.

OP
OP
B

Bookie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will be more of a daily driver...what is your view on why the Viper is not more a daily driver

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is not a daily driver...draws too much attention and people will not respect it when you park it. I've caught people trying to open mine in a parking lot...and lots of unexplained finger prints on the glass.

Also, the Viper is not as smooth a drive as the Vette. It is more of a street race car (stiff and responsive). The Vette, to me, is a sports coupe on steroids. The Viper is a real car...you feel the power as your fingertips.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Dad.

Vipers are daily drivers PERIOD. I have done it for 6 years straight. I say after 60k you buy a new one, and start all over. Thats what I did.

Thats me staying on topic. BTW how do I enable the spam filter/blocker? (seriously)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302