Need Help! SCT Programer

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed my tune and went through all of the steps with a success at the end. Now the car will not start. Tried to reinstall the stock tune and now I'm receiving an error- obd noautodetect. The programer will not let me load anything now.:mad: Help! Any ideas? Does anybody know Sean Roe cell number? Thanks

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With your car being an HMS Venom 650R, I wonder if you have something causing a conflict.

Here is SCT Tech Support, It may be something simple:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

Im assuming you tried this:

Error Recovery:
In the event the Xcalibrator2 does not successfully flash the vehicle, it will display
an error message on the LCD display. If this occurs, you will want to recover the
PCM by turning the key off, following the menu options to Program Vehicle, and
under Program Option, choose the “Return to Stock” option. This will install the
stock file back into the vehicle and allow you to attempt to reflash the vehicle with
the custom program again.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just installed my tune and went through all of the steps with a success at the end. Now the car will not start. Tried to reinstall the stock tune and now I'm receiving an error- obd noautodetect. The programer will not let me load anything now.:mad: Help! Any ideas? Does anybody know Sean Roe cell number? Thanks

99% chance: Your PCM is not original, probably from a 96-97.

Chances are, you have loaded a JTEC+ program into a JTEC PCM due whoever wrote the tune not knowing the PCM was changed [should have asked for processor code, not year]

Doing this will wipe out its memory, and cause it to become non-responsive, with no chance of a re-load from the "return to stock" feature. In order to recover the PCM, you will need a recovery program made by SCT which ignores the unresponsive conditions and reloads a JTEC program. Unfortunately, this will not happen until Monday.

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! The same thing happened to me. Here is an email address that may get you stock program back in(depending if this person works and reads his e-mail on the week ends. Otherwise, it may be Monday.

[email protected] His name is Torrie McPhail. He developed the DCX programs for the Chrysler products.

You will need to send 1. All the numbers off the side of your PCM
2. The SCT serial number
3. The firmware number

For now, I just have the stock program back in. He and SCT are working on new files for my PCM(the three tuning programs).

If you bought this from Roe Racing, you need to keep Sean Roe in the loop. Just cc everthing you send to Torrie(and SCT). You should also go to the SCT site and register your SCT flash programmer. Also, contact SCT tech section.

Chuck Greggs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21