need info on GTS or R/T

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im gonna be buying a 98 or 99 viper in the spring. I need to find out if I can fit 2 full size golf bags in the R/T. It seems it will fit in a GTS from what it looks like.

any help is appreciated.

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my 95 Miata (a lapse of judgement) it said in the owner's manual you can fit a full set of golf clubs in the trunk. If you can fit one in a Miata, you can certainly fit 2 in a Viper RT/10.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes he has a car, but id like to be able to drive there with my dad from time to time. I have my priorities straight thats why im asking this. im gonna be driving this car on a regular basis and would like to carry my own bag as well as a friends from time to time.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not necessarily give upone or the other, but don't mix the two. If you have another car, use that. If not, and you go with your dad or a friend, offer to drive for them. I think a golf bag has more chance of fitting in an RT rather than a GTS, the GTS has the cutout for the spare in the back, but doesn't look wide enough for your drivers (maybe). Check out the link, I think the angle of the pic makes the hatch look bigger.
GTS hatch with Snake-Oyl tapestry mat
In the trunk of the RT, you can angle the clubs in. As you can tell, not many hear use their snakes for cruising or carrying stuff, other than heart-racing passengers.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there many times. The trunk will fit 2 "traveler" bags if the roof is not stored in the trunk. With the windows and roof in the trunk it will only fit 1 traveler bag. I was never able to fit my normal bag in the trunk (normal pro size). But, guess what, my normal bag fits in the SRT trunk without a problem.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, guess what, my normal bag fits in the SRT trunk without a problem.

Like Chuck said, you gave up your Viper.

:p :D

Who gave up a Viper??? :eek: They are a permanent fixture. I did not give that option but you can always put a bag in each Viper and then go to the course. :)

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't he banned once before, for this type of activity?

No, I was banned for asking uncomfortable questions. As far as I know, I was the only one who didn't get a "please come back" stroke-letter, too, so I've got that going for me. Boo hoo, etc etc.

But I *did* try this type of activity first. :)

Just joking with you, Ron. The SRT's hold a special place in my heart. *cough*

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeap you can buy a luggage rack and stap them to it on the rear decklid. Or just stick them in the passenger seat sticking up, you can then put the soft top in the trunk which will fit.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeap you can buy a luggage rack and stap them to it on the rear decklid. Or just stick them in the passenger seat sticking up, you can then put the soft top in the trunk which will fit.

Mods, shouldn't Alan be banned for recommendations like this?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played golf...
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
until I bought the Viper - a GTS. :)))
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Now I´m driving and do NOT play golf anymore... :D

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HIGH risk!
DRIVING the CAR instead of USING a "DRIVER".