Need lift for residental garage...HELP

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on building a garage to store all my toys. My dilemma due to township restrictions is I have to put 3 cars in
a 2 car garage. My solution, I believe is to get a lift for the garage. I think they are also called a parking lift. This way I can stack one on top of the other. My question is I know nothing about these lifts. Anyone who is familiar and can recommend a brand of lift or direct me to a website so I can find out what involved would be appreciated. I already checked into the Ultimate garage link from our Viper board. Although very helpful it did not provide any info about lifts. I did try to call the guy but he wants a consulting fee to provide any advice...(must not own a Viper). Looking forward to hear back from you all!

Fast Eddie

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a Double Park and am very satisfied so far. Cost $4400 including 3 drip trays, two jacking "trays", aluminum ramps for a Viper, and wheel kit to move it around. It is very well made, IMO. Will stack my second Viper when it gets here (03). Ceiling in garage is 9'-2", so have 2" between lift and first Viper and 2" between roll up doors and second Viper. Getting a low headroom garage door arrangement soon so that everything will fit.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank you show off. hahhaa
bounce.gif

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I saw a lift on the shadytree mechanic show. I think it sold for $900.00, but it was a scissor type lift that had a small hydraulic pump on it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was small but great for compact spaces.

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue with a two car garage is that it is usually not deep enough to accomodate a lift. I, myself, have 3 cars and a 2 car garage (daily driver is parked in driveway). PLENTY of ceiling space, however, I think the garage door (when open) will interfere with the operation of the lift. Best case scenario (and keep in mind I have done no measuring) is that I may have to close the door as I move one car from one level to the next. You may also have to do this.

Bottom line, keep in mind door clearance.

-Will

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will is right on target. They make a garage door rail extension that I know buddies of mine have had to use. It is good that you are designing the garage around the lift, that is what I did. Most garage door companies and lift companies know all about this kit. Give one of them a call.

Reaction score
At the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Ky this past August (over 15,000 rods in attendance by the way!) I had the opportunity to compare many of the lifts that were being exibited there. Myself and several friends (many who own other models) all came to the conclusion that the "back yard buddy" was the best. Quality of construction seemed to be the biggest factor. It is easy to see when you have them all there together.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

The reason I asked is that I too had this opportunity and fell in love with the Perfect Park for is HUGE verticle posts and stability. No one else offered it. The backyard buddy and the autolifter both had exterior sliders which I didn't care for. Just something to get your clothes dirty and could also be hazardous. It is just a personal preference thing. The key is that the buyer look deep into the features and structure of each lift and buy the one that matches their needs.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Backyard Buddy this year and am very happy with it so far. Here is a picture, if you want any other pix or details, let me know.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To everyone who responded to my post about the garage lift I just want to say Thank you!!!

If you have any more information...keep it coming.
I have not made any decisions yet...they all pretty much
seem comparable. Price is pretty close also.
Has anyone had any service experience with their vendor??

Again Thanks
Fast Eddie

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got our DoublePark over two years ago (CYTECH, DoublePark Lifts, 6352 N. Hillside, Wichita, KS 67210). Cost: $3940. We had to pay a local lumber yard $50 to bring over a fork-lift to unload it, but my husband and two friends had it put together and operational in about two hours. We also got the caster kit, jack bridge, plastic drip tray, 8-gallon oil drain w/casters, aluminum viper drive on ramp, aluminum viper bolt on stop, aluminum viper drop in stop. No problems. Even I can operate it...

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also have a double park by cytek, very nice hoist only complaint is that they do lift slowly compared to some other models but i felt the craftmanship was top notch, i used to have an autolifters hoist and would not recommend their products they are still sending me upgrades for the thing because of noted failures, not something i want to put my prize toy or myself under. Jerry

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my Perfect Park since early summer. I had a hose fitting leak start leaking -- manufacturer replaced it at no cost, no questions asked. No other problems.

I bought the Perfect Park because its poles had the biggest footprint, and since I wasn't going to anchor my lift to the floor, I thought that was important. Compare the size of the posts of Norman's lift (Perfect Park) to those of AndyR's Backyard Buddy. Which one looks more stable to you?