Need pic of a Silver RT/10 with Stripes Please

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see pics of a Silver roadster with stripes, and with a striped top in place if possible too.
Contemplating this mod.
Any thoughts of painting the stripes as opposed to tape stripes?
Thanks!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, they're smart enough to leave the best like it is ;)

BTW, I like the fact that your car is identical to mine, so that when I'm in the area, there's plausible deniability ;)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One example.

What???? :confused:

Anyway, I have some pics of a silver RT that is striped. I will have to post them when I get home though. I personally think it looks better just plain silver. The silver looks very ****. Just my .02 cents. :D

Austin

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Austin, will await the posting of the pics :)

Slaughter I knew you would stop in on a "Silver RT" thread! LOL!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem ViperJoe! This is the only silver RT I have with stripes.

304stripes_rt4.jpg

304stripes_rt3.jpg

304stripes_rt2.jpg

304stripes_rt1.jpg

Austin

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he needs to get rid of the blak racing stickers, especially since they are nowhere to be found :(

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thing... The only thing I dont care for to much on this RT is that he still has the rear exhaust pipes sticking out the back and the stickers on the side. Other then that, the color of the stripes goes well with the silver and tan interior.

Austin

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know him that well, i know his son. so as to why he doesnt post i have no idea

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious... I think he posted about the stripes and other things he had done and then he like vanished. Oh well... :smirk:

Austin

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
finally someone knows this ghost, tell him to get his asss online and to answer emails, LOL. there is a couple poeple interested in that rollbar, me being one of them, and noone can find a Blak racing anywhere.

seriously, tell his son to let him know rdustman needs help in getting a rollbar

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are maroon stripes, rdustman, i have told him! i dont talk to his son very much, but when i do, i always mention it!!!!! im trying, i know you are really interested...

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't he the one that said he had the roll bar custom made and installed for him at an incredibly low price? I may be wrong here but seems to me it was this car. Anyway, the stripes on this RT look really nice to me.

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the long time no post, been very busy lately.
Yes, the stripes are (sp?) Taheysion Red, a dark candy apple red color that came on old Buicks.

The stickers are merely for advertisement to get his shops word around, they will be taken off next time the car is Zaino'ed.

The "quad" exhaust is because I did a side exhaust conversion and found out the rear of the car looks horrible with a big hole there. I ordered a rear exhaust cover plate from someone at the North Texas Viper Club meeting which was about 4 months ago and I haven't seen the guy since, so I guess its time look for a company that sells these. BTW anyone know of one?

The rollbar
I had seen everyone else's roll bars and to me they just didn't look right (skinny bars, needs holes drilled, too tall e.t.c)

So I had a roll bar custom made by Black Racing. I specified that I wanted the bar to be FAT, and chrome, and no new holes were to be drilled. (Also I didn't want the bar to be race certified)It took awhile for them to make it, but considering they had to bend/weld/and chrome the bar it really wasn't that long.

It took about a month but it looks so good, its the perfect height, thickness and fit, I was very satisfied. The bar can be seen easily from behind the car and it looks awesome from the back, Ive never heard a negative comment about it.

I've got the number Black racing on a receipt I'll dig up in the morning.
I WILL post the number to BLAK racing tomorrow. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

BTW thank REDSNAKEGTS, if he wouldn't have gave word of this to me, I would've never seen it, thanks Eric.

Btw here a list of all mods done to the car:
99 Viper RT-10
Autoform Side Exhaust Conversion Kit w/ Borla mufflers
Autoform Rear "Lip Spoiler"
Chrome stock wheels
Blak Racing Roll Bar

In need of a rear exhaust plate cover

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Landspeed, would you be able to post any pics of the rollbar with the top off.

John

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had a roll bar custom made by Black Racing. I specified that I wanted the bar to be FAT, and chrome, and no new holes were to be drilled. (Also I didn't want the bar to be race certified)

How does it mount?

What do you mean by "not race certified"?

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont understand why you specifically wouldnt want it race certified?? i never thought to ask you about that........

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Landspeed, would you be able to post any pics of the rollbar with the top off.

John

Yes, I will take some pictures tonight with the top off, and close-ups of fittings.

How does it mount?
There are two screws on each side behind the seats, the roll bar has 2 flanges going down to he screw-holes (its hard to explain, Ill take pictures.

what do you mean by "not race certified"?
SlaughterJ
Well I have heard other cage's have a "point" rating given by the NHRA, my roll cage does not, it is purely for looks though I think a track wouldnt say anything if they saw mine.

i dont understand why you specifically wouldnt want it race certified?? i never thought to ask you about that
I didnt want it intentionally not to be race certified, but since the cage has no point value, Im just guessing it wouldnt be.

BTW does anyone have any picture hosting space?

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Landspeed, still waiting for those more extensive roll bar pics and Black Racing's number please.
Guys that are interested, and following this thread, maybe we can get a reduced price for quantity. If memory escapes them, would you be opposed to letting them take another look at the bar Landspeed to refresh their memory?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang