Need side rails 94 rt soft top

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,
If you can't find used Side Rails, DC makes a repair kit for them. It comes with Both Rails. Here's the kicker: #5010323AA Side Rail Repair Package MSRP $1035.00
eek.gif

I can give you 20% off that + Free Shipping = $828.00
They know that they have us by the b$$$$?!

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

I had the same issue on mine. I was able to fix them and it wasn't too much trouble. I took them off and placed them on a work bench with a 2X4 under one end I used a heat gun on them with some weights (two 45lb plates) on top and let them set over night. It took the bow out and didn't cost me anything. Although, I also have to use a claw hammer when I change my brake pads. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Good luck,

Ken

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Both of my side rails on the soft top are bowed to the point of causing even more leaks. Don't want to pay for new soft top...hoping someone has damaged top and wants to sell just the side rails....Please help!

94 rt 10
96 gts blue/white
70 corvette roadster
84 corvette coupe
01 Jeep limited
02 I 35 Infinity

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're feeling gutsy,do what I did. Place in oven at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes. They won't be too terribly hot when you pull them out, but you can rebend them fairly easily. Let air cool for about 1 hour and reassemble. I need to redo the driver side, but the passenger side is still good after 6 months.
Good luck.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is an OLD thread, but I'm looking into doing this now as the side rails on my '94 are also bowed severely. My question is, didn't straightening the side rails result in a change in the distance between the front and and rear anchor points? I don't see how they straighten without the front latches and the rear "hooks" now being a different distance from one another. Am I just thinking too much?

--Rob

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your thinking to much. With the sloppy fit of these soft tops it will not make any difference. Now if it were a rigid hard top millimeters would matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery