Need soft top parts for concept sectional rigid top

Black 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for good front and rear soft top frame for my concept sectional hard top that could fit in trunk, when not in use. It could be complete top but need front and rear parts only. The prototype is coming along pretty good, but without frame(specially the front)it is standing still... If anybody interested in helping me, please come forward.

OP
OP
B

Black 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked, it says to USA ONLY!!! the pins for front part are not included!! I need the complete front part, at least.
Thanks

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need soft top parts for concept sectional rigid top

Ah, it's already been done. (the hardtop that goes in the trunk) But go ahead and build your own I guess..

OP
OP
B

Black 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just found out last night. Wanted one that fits in trunk when not in use.I have made contact with manufacturer,waiting for reply.
If any body has one used and want to sell,(send PM)I might be interested.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was waiting for someone to develop a top like this for a long time, I am glad someone figured it out (almost).
The only thing I see wrong with the "trunktop" is that the side curtains wont fit (I was told) also if you choose to go with v-mania side windows, they need to be modified.
Can anyone come up with a hard top that will fit in the trunk AND can be used with stock side curtains or v-mania windows???
Cheers,

OP
OP
B

Black 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the vipermania windows and waiting for answer from trunktop maker(AP Engineering) if it needs to be modified,and what is the modification needed.My project trunktop would have to fit regular or v-mania windows. Found rear top part. Still looking for front top part.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the vipermania windows and waiting for answer from trunktop maker(AP Engineering) if it needs to be modified,and what is the modification needed.My project trunktop would have to fit regular or v-mania windows. Found rear top part. Still looking for front top part.

AP's top is nice, a great idea and reasonable price. I just don't like the idea of having to cut/grind down the Vmania windows 2" in the rear.This makes the windows unique to that particular top and the windows can not be resold seperately.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the above "trunktop" work with 99 factory power windows?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Black94,

I'll chime in here to answer some questions. First off, all tops are painted to match your car. Also, no problems shipping anywhere in the world. I just sent one to Germany and it looks like I've got one going to Japan soon.

Unfortunately, the Gen 1 cars do need special side windows to fit the top and has a larger up front investment for the whole package if you don't already have a set of windows. The good news is, once you have this set up, I don't think anyone here would ever want to go back to the soft top so having v-mania windows that fits both tops should not be a real concern. However, if you have a solid top that you also use and want the windows to fit both then there is a problem. Re-selling them, as stated before, is only going to work if the buying party is interested in a trunktop. There may be a slight ray of hope with gen 1 cars using the gen 2 top. I'll get to that in a minute.

The first gen2 top is built and and is out for paint. The top is styled a bit different than the Gen 1 due to the higher b-pillar so the cut at the rear of the top is higher. Not a noticable difference unless the two cars (g1 and g2) are side by side. The gen 2's also have to have a special side rail underneath for a weatherstrip runner that follows to the glass at the front curve. I might be able to make the Gen 2 top work with the FACTORY side curtains as they are more pliable and have a huge cushion/weatherstrip seal to allow for any fit variences. I sold my curtains so I can't check it right now.

If your a Gen 2 guy, you just buy the top. Simple enough. All tops have a 100% guarantee so if you decide you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo