Need Some Help!! 2 Inch Seat Lowering

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to install the Northwind Engineering 2 inch seat lowering kit on the drivers side seat. I previously had the 1 inch lowering kit in the car. I have installed the brackets and can place the seat in the car. All four points line up (2 holes in the front of the seat and two studs to the rear). I can even put the bolts in the front holes! Now the question. How in the world do you put the nuts on the back two studs? There must be a trick!!! I can barely get my hand between the seat cushions. Let alone put the nut on the stud and tighten it. I know many people on the board have accomplished this install. How did you do it?

OP
OP
R

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I looked at doing that, but how do you get it re-installed once the seat is bolted down?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich Detert quote:
You can pull the lower seat cushion out and get access to the bolts.

On the leading edge of the seats on the underside there is a wire that hooks the cushion to the seat frame.
Pry it down and back to unhook it.

Once you do that, the cushion should come right out.
(That's how my 94 was, and a 93 I worked on).

Flying Low quote:
TIP: When putting the bottom cushion back on, loop some twine through the metal loop and out under the front of the seat frame. Then sit in the seat, reach down, and pull down and forward on the twine. The metal clip will pop right onto the plastic lip. Then just pull the twine out. No sweat.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my SRT, I used a small box wrench for the rear bolts and after fifteen or so loooooong minutes, some serious hand contortion and cramping, 1/6th turns at a time and working blindly, I hand the bolts on tight. Major, major pain, but well worth it in the end. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456