need some help with car

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few weeks ago I took the car out and it was very humid and hot.Driving back later in the evening I heard a few poppings from the rear exhaust.I have the Corsa exhaust system.Always had this nice sound coming from them when I let off the gas...Now Iget to hear this slight, pop...pop....pop...when car warms up. I checked the wires if loose, no engine lights are on.I even went under the car to see if anything got loose..Anyone have an idea what this can be? Could it be i fouled anything?

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there original from the day of car.Chuck never changed them.Originals..they have 5,500 miles on them and the car is a 2000GTS

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LIKE popping! :D

It wouldn't hurt to change the plugs. Could it have just been some diffeent gas or the seriously humid weather?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LIKE popping! :D
It wouldn't hurt to change the plugs. Could it have just been some diffeent gas or the seriously humid weather?

We also have the 'popping', but sounds as if YoTony is saying this is a *new* event? :dunno: If that's the case, can't hurt to change the plugs/wires...maybe check the air filters? Our '05 has always 'popped', and the Corsa exhaust just added a bit more to it....like Scott, we also like the sound!! ~juli

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli..Its Tony..no more Yo.,..sounds weird when you put it in the sentence.hahaah

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes new sympton..It started happening with this crappy humid weather..I'll wait it out.Plus car will be seeing Chuck this fall for sure..I need more horses..MORE!!!!!!!! MUCH MORE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes new sympton..It started happening with this crappy humid weather..I'll wait it out.Plus car will be seeing Chuck this fall for sure..I need more horses..MORE!!!!!!!! MUCH MORE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, yeah Tony--who doesn't???!! :D Yeah, could be just the humidity/moisture at the time, especially if that's when the 'popping' started, and you didn't have it before that. Chuck will get you nicely fixed up!~! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang