need some help

ultra88

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 02 has a "bucking"effect at lower rpm....like around 20-30 mph...it jerks
back and forth when in 2nd and sometimes in 1st....any ideas? I just put in new plugs and a new battery today....didnt help any. Plug wires mabe? 47000 miles on it now......

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have 47K miles on an 02?! :2tu: It's possible that the TB's have come out of sync(sp). Maybe cleaning them with some carb cleaner would help too. :2tu:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that TB syncronization was not a problem on late GEN2 cars. That was my first thought until I saw that he had an 02.
Bad gas?
Trans / rear end back lash?

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem, mine is more like 10-15 mph(parking lot situation). Mine is a 96GTS Anyone else have this problem??

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do, but I'm told it's normal for a '99. Seriously, like Tim said, I just give it a little more gas and then coast until it does it again. The only time I have problems is driving through my subdivision where kids and their crazy parents are just waiting for you to go 1 mph over the posted limit.

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is called Horse-bucking or something like that. It was addressed in an old Viper Magazine issue. My first Viper 2000acr had it real bad, however I never did anthing about it. Not a prob with the 2001. From what I remember their is an adjustment for it, ask your Viper tec I'm sure he can help.