need some T56 parts

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance you need to dispose of your old input shaft? I need one for clutch aligning. Don't care about the gears, just as long as the shaft isn't bent and still lines up the clutch.

Thanks

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Pheonix.

A1998 actually now that you mention it...I'll probably keep it for that same purpose.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just at Long's transmissions last night. They can upgrade your T-56 with a new main shaft and GM synchronizers. It will make your transmission shift smooth and the transmission will take 1,000 HP. I'm saving my money up and this is what I am going to do. I was impressed wiht their opperation. They do allot of the NASCAR transmisions.

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, It seems everytime I mention this to someone with a bad tranny they never think of it till I inquire. Just hoping someday someone will come up with maybe an extra one they don't need!! Thanx anyway!!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm saving my money up and this is what I am going to do. I was impressed wiht their opperation.
Have them put shorter 5th and 6th ratios in the tranny while they have it apart. Shorter 5th and 6th gives you nice even steps from 1st through 6th rather than falling off a cliff like the super-tall stock 5th and 6th. I talked about this recently over in the "performance modification" area:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=597896&page=2

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance you need to dispose of your old input shaft? I need one for clutch aligning. Don't care about the gears, just as long as the shaft isn't bent and still lines up the clutch.

Thanks

With the pressure plate bolts just snug enough to hold the clutch in position If you just feel around the clutch were it contacts the flywheel and get it even all around you won't need a line up tool. Even with a line up tool or input shaft the clutch can sag. Guaranteed to work.....been there dozens of times ;)
With any install, if the tranny is tight going in.....get the bolts started with slight pressure on the bolts/tranny then hook up the clutch line....depress clutch pedal and then the tranny with slide on in.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the pressure plate bolts just snug enough to hold the clutch in position If you just feel around the clutch were it contacts the flywheel and get it even all around you won't need a line up tool. Even with a line up tool or input shaft the clutch can sag. Guaranteed to work.....been there dozens of times ;)
With any install, if the tranny is tight going in.....get the bolts started with slight pressure on the bolts/tranny then hook up the clutch line....depress clutch pedal and then the tranny with slide on in.

LOL! Done the finger feeler thing many times.:smirk: No wisecracks!!!:smirk: :nono:

Sometimes the best tools in the shop are ones own hands!:2tu: