Need something to protect finish on side sills.

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna have to have my first viper part painted :( . The other night my girlfriend and I went out and she had heels on. She is about 5'5'', so she has trouble getting in a out w/o hitting the sills with her shoes. It is usually no problem until the other night with those heels. To make this as sort as possible I have a 3in long scratch on the sill. I tired the touch up paint, but it looks like crap(and shows up from a distance). I've just decided to paint the thing, and have a idea about how to protect it. I was thinking of putting that clear film that some people put on the front of cars to protect the finish on the side sill. The only concern I have is if the heat from the cats would melt the stuff off. Do you guys think it would work?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will work.

It's what I have been using for years on the driver side sill of my 00GTS.

Luc.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3M on the leading edges of my side sills for rocks. I think it will melt or at least yellow if you cover the the hot area.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on the sills too, though I don't run my car as hard as Luc. It's held up for over 2 years without yellowing or melting so far.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a replacement set of the clear plastic pieces for the side sills (both sides) still in the original unopened packaging. If the price is right ...

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the sills get that hot back under the doors where someone's heel might nick it geting in and out, do they? I was using some static cling clear on a vehicle to guard against rock chips before, from a place called Operations Plus. They sell meatballs (white circles), numbers, lettering etc. for race cars. I ordered some of their static cling in clear for a non-permanent installation...

OP
OP
N

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She has to start going barefoot from now on when getting the Viper!
Thats funny because thats what I told her, but she said I could just get rid of the Viper instead(not likely). Eh, I guess shes still mad because I bought the car instead of marrying her, but I think I made the right choice. :2tu:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She has to start going barefoot from now on when getting the Viper!
Thats funny because thats what I told her, but she said I could just get rid of the Viper instead(not likely). Eh, I guess shes still mad because I bought the car instead of marrying her, but I think I made the right choice. :2tu:

If she's totally unfeeling about damaging anything worth $70K, then you certainly did make the right choice brother! :)

Atta boy!

(Oops, almost forgot the anthem...) All together now...

<ul type="square">I'll never be your beast of burden...

So let's go home and draw the curtains!

Music on the radio Come on baby make sweet love to me

Am I hard enough...?

Am I rough enough...?

Am I rich enough ...?

I'm not too blind to see......
[/list]