Dan, I have a lift,it's an SS-7000 by Eagle Equipment. Here are the specs.:

Max Capacity.................7,000 lbs.
Length(with 37" ramps........16'10"
Width........................102"
Height of columns.............80"
Max. wheel base..............160"
Runway width.................19"
Max. clearance between posts.92.5"
Cost.........................Around $3,000.(they pay shipping.)

You will also have to move your garage door railing all the way up to the sealing to allow room for two cars. Small price to pay for a Viper...or two.
smile.gif

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
Simply get rid of all the "stuff" and get a second viper.
Job done.

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, you have to install the lift your self. It comes with detailed instructions as well as a video but you WILL need one or two friends to help you because it's VERY heavy. Good Luck!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I've been writing an article on doing garages for ever, one of these days I'm going to finish it! These folks do really nice work and specialize in garages:

The Ultimate Garage ( www.TheUltimateGarage.com )

We also have listed a good start at:

Ultimate Garage Page

The two are not related, I had to laugh, because I put up the page and less than a day later, The "Ultimate Garage" requested a listing on "The Ultimate Garage page", It was to funny. I spoke with the owner, he is a great guy, and the US rep for "Big Brakes" as well.

Another nice place is:

Garagefanatic ( www.garagefanatic.com )

My garage features industrial racking along the back, and "old" overhead kitchen cabinets to help keep things organized. If I could afford it, Lista ( www.lista.com ), or Dura ( www.thefittedgarage.com ) cabinets would be installed.... but that dream is a little ways off. One thing to remember, no matter how much storage you have, it will fill up!

I might suggest a separate storage building for all your kids stuff, and the lawn equipment, I built a nice 10'x 15' building in the corner of the back yard for the lawn and garden equipment, this worked great for me.

Also, is your attic decked so some items can get stored up there?