Need to buy a scanner for a 94 Viper

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Depends what you mean. The 94 wasn't OBD II, so it doesn't use a scanner in quite the same way. The 94 still used the DRB II I believe, though the DRB III can be used for some diagnostic work as well with the right add-on parts. The car does still use trouble codes of some variety though, and you can read them from the dash with just a key, no scanner needed. There is some procedure of cycling the key that will then blink the check engine light based on the number code of the fault.

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used this and it worked great and it cost me $225

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a code scanner for a 94 Viper at a reasonable price?

Tom-

I am down in Port Charlotte, and I do have my DRB3 and Gen-1 cards with me.
It would not be a cheap trip due to travel, but nothing crazy. Most likely you have a module failure. Not only could I diag the car, but I could bring a donor module for confirmation testing and get you set up with a new unit if need be, would just be a delay to manufacture.

Edit: Is this friggen website serious? I live in P*U*N*T*A Gorda, and it wont let me type it. Did someone fail spanish? P*U*N*T*A is not the same as P*U*T*A* dipshits!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the censoring on this gets me every time. I think you might be able to disable it somewhere, but I've never looked around in the settings that hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper