Nelson Event

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides my spin out, I had an awesome time at the Queen City Cruise. The weather and people were awesome. If we go again next year I will be there with a new set of tires and a softer touch on the gas pedal. SRT09, from what I can tell the only damage was some minor scratches to the right front rim, but I will be getting under the car tonight to make sure that is all. The accident happened just outside Radium, and I drove it all the way back to Edmonton without any problems.

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the original Pilot Sport run flats on the car. They've only been driven 18,000 miles, and still have a reasonable amount of tread left, but they just don't seem to have anywhere near the grip other guys have with their cars. I was thinking of going with PS2.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the original Pilot Sport run flats on the car. They've only been driven 18,000 miles, and still have a reasonable amount of tread left, but they just don't seem to have anywhere near the grip other guys have with their cars. I was thinking of going with PS2.

I have the PS2 and had no problems with traction coming back. Lucky break though Matt, looks like you barely missed that traffic sign, as well as that oncoming vehicle.

Like I said feel free to give me a shout if you need a hand with anything for the car.

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the PS2 and had no problems with traction coming back. Lucky break though Matt, looks like you barely missed that traffic sign, as well as that oncoming vehicle.

Like I said feel free to give me a shout if you need a hand with anything for the car.

I am pretty sure what started my spin is that I over corrected when it got loose, but all I remember seeing is 2 headlights coming my way, and I just cranked the wheel to avoid a head-on collision. If I would have went down the other side of the road I would have dropped 10 feet down. My tire marks were about a foot away from that sign, if I was one second later I would have taken the sign with me. I got a chance to get under the car tonight and found no problems, just some scratches on the removable panels and frame members. No parts will need to be replaced, just a new set of tires.