New '08 hood on my '04 am I nuts?

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been awhile, and now that the weather is good I'm out enjoying all of those mods I did last fall!

I was going into the city yesterday afternoon and as I was going through an intersection I caught either a new '08 or an earlier car with an '08 hood-all black and no stripes, and it looked INCREDIBLE! I literally called Mark over at Woodhouse immediately (is it wrong that I have him on speed dial:D) and ordered a hood. Gonna be here in a few weeks-I am excited to get it here and on. How many of you out there have the new hood on already, and have there been any regrets? I am keeping the original lid just in case, but as absolutely stunning as it looked from a distance I can't imagine I'll be too disappointed.

Countin' the days...

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood looks great man...psst it's what is underneath the hood that makes it real special

vip7.JPG

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my '04, and have done performance upgrades up to this point-Corsa, HRE's Stoptech Rotors, SS brake lines competition oil pan, upgraded ECU, Woodhouse shifter kit, clutch, and a few other things. Who knows, there may even be a few empty boxes labeled "Paxton" by the crate the hood came in when it rolls out of Woodhouse this time:2tu:

Thanks for the pic of the red 08'-that is incredible!

Viper J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the 08 hood on my 04 to see if it would run cooler. The TT runs warm. Works great and looks good. I had it out yesterday. Ran 190 most of the day and never over 200. By the way, mine is black no stripes.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 08 hood is both killer and functional. Car runs cooler, gets crazy stares. If you get it from Jeff Lemke it will be a fraction of the weight of the stock 08 hood.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, Bill, and Woodhouse are the best... I bought my '06 Coupe sight unseen 1200 miles away and couldn't be happier. I'll be sending my car back for an '08 hood ASAP. PS. how many people are willing to ship their car that far for a hood paint ? I trust them and I know it will be right.......

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2004 is at DC Performance getting the new 08 hood along with some other mods. I know it is going to look killer and cant wait to see pictures of it. Unfortunately I wont be able to see it or drive it until September.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CO-NOS-Viper;

I put the 08' Hood on my 06' GTS Blue S/S Coupe. It turned out great. I am not seeing as drastic a drop in temperature as others are reporting, but maybe the full Bellanger system going on as we speak, might help a bit. As you know our high altitude comes with it's own set of issues. The guys at sea level have it soooooooooooooo easy.

Hope the drivetrain mounts worked our for ya? They were just a bit too much for me.

September will be a very long way away. Do you not get back from overseas until then? Either way, I will have a full tank in my Viper just waiting for you! Stay safe.

Rick

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CO-NOS-Viper;

I put the 08' Hood on my 06' GTS Blue S/S Coupe. It turned out great. I am not seeing as drastic a drop in temperature as others are reporting, but maybe the full Bellanger system going on as we speak, might help a bit. As you know our high altitude comes with it's own set of issues. The guys at sea level have it soooooooooooooo easy.

Hope the drivetrain mounts worked our for ya? They were just a bit too much for me.

September will be a very long way away. Do you not get back from overseas until then? Either way, I will have a full tank in my Viper just waiting for you! Stay safe.

Rick
Do you have any pictures of it? I bet it looks really sharp. Yeah we are not going to see as much of a drop due to the high altitude as you have stated, but thats ok. That bellanger system I am sure is going to be nice, you should see about 40rwhp with that right?

The drivetrain mounts are getting installed as well. I hope that they are not a bit much for me, but give it just the right amount that I want. I dont mind a little vibration. reminds me that I am in an extremely fast car, although I really dont need to be reminded ;)

I do not get back until September. I cannot wait to get out of here as I have much driving to make up for in the viper. I am looking forward to taking the beast out and cruising with you guys, its going to be a blast. I hope you guys can keep up as I may have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for the responses! I was on the fence about it, but now am glad I went ahead and ordered it!

ViperJ-where are you from? that wasn't you I saw in DSM yesterday, was it?

Viper J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I was in DSM. Long winter, beautiful day and the Viper needs to play. If you ever want to get together, I am there quite a bit.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CO-NOS-Viper;

Pics of my new 08' hood installed are in one of the latest 08' Hoods on an 06' threads.

Anyway, as long as I know where we are driving to before hand, I can keep up by taking short cuts. :)

Seriously I want to ride in your car once the Motons get installed along with all your other "lil tricks". I am debating on what to do on the ride to de-bounce it but lower it slightly as well.

Anyway, when you are back in town!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will not see a drastic under hood temp change, IF you are diriving a roadster you WILL feel a difference in the IN CABIN temps especially with the top down the location of the vents on the '03-'06 mixed with the rest of the aerodynamics of the car effectively pumped hot underhood air into the cabin. The effect will also work on coupes(possibly not to the same degree) on heat entering cabin with windows down. But in addition to the removal of the seat heater(crossover) and the new hood vent locations, should combine to creat a slightly cooler cabin

Kleos1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for the responses! I was on the fence about it, but now am glad I went ahead and ordered it!

ViperJ-where are you from? that wasn't you I saw in DSM yesterday, was it?

Hey you two, we need to have a get together some time now that winter may actually be over :drive:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the 08 hood on my 04 to see if it would run cooler. The TT runs warm. Works great and looks good. I had it out yesterday. Ran 190 most of the day and never over 200. By the way, mine is black no stripes.
Viper J, do you have a picture of your car with the 08 hood? I want to see what it looks like as I am getting one on mine. I have seen pictures of other colors but not just black yet.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right but how about an 04, and with stock wheels? J/K. That does look sweet. I cant wait to see mine when it is finished. Whose Viper is that?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right but how about an 04, and with stock wheels? J/K. That does look sweet. I cant wait to see mine when it is finished. Whose Viper is that?

black 08 hood with 10 spoke rims will probably be one of a kind.... i doubt viper j still has 10 spokes on his 04

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here is my 2004 with the new 2008 Hood thanks to Dan Cragin at DC Performance, looks absolutely amazing.

You must be registered for see images attach

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is that an actual Mopar hood, or Vipair, AP Engineering(aka Jeff Lemke) ?

how did the air box line up with the stock under hood ducting? and did you have to modify it ?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I am not sure as far as if everything lined up stock, but I am pretty sure it did. I will find out from Dan. I do know that they had fitment issues with the first one and had to get another one due to it not fitting properly.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually its the Vipair Hood. The difference is a much bigger center section that gives a more aggressive look, which is what I wanted. Dan told me the screens are now installed. Will update with new pics when I get them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang