New 2009 Wheels

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw these rims on a new stock 2009 listed on ebay. I have never seen this rims before and I think I really like them. Anyone know what these are and how to get these other than ordering them straight from Chrysler? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 124

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These rims were new for 2009; they weigh about the same as the ACR/Sidewinder rims which is roughly an 8 lb per wheel saving over the old 2003-2006 10-spoke rims and the standard 5-spoke rim.

I would try Jon B at Parts Rack to see if he has any available.

/Rich

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I like them too.

Those are the new 6 spoke wheels. They are supposed to be lightweight, like the Sidewinders.

We saw them during VOI 10.

Call JonB, he'll be your best starting place.

Dan

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do like those too. I will track those stock wheels down. I'll call the local dealership here. They should be able to lead me to them.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a set of these for a couple of months. I don't think you can buy them yet. Mark at Woodhouse said they are very hard to get right now.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like those a lot with the lip, they weigh 27.2 lbs for the 19x13". Everybody says the Sidewinders are lightweight, but how much do they weigh?

ACR/Sidewinder are 25 lbs for the rear 19 x 13 and 17.5 lbs for the front 18 x 10.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen them on a few 09's. They look nice. Better than the H wheels IMO...and lighter.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR/Sidewinder are 25 lbs for the rear 19 x 13 and 17.5 lbs for the front 18 x 10.

Are you sure about that?
I have heard the sidewinders are lighter than 25lbs and when I had one of them shipped to me I could swear that even in the box it weighted less than 25lbs, it was surprising to pick it up as it looked like it should have been heavier.

Reaction score
The 6 spokes are VERY rare and we have been waiting for 7 months for 2 replacements even with our connections! If you can find some blems out there they look great blacked out also and are light. Now that things are up and running again maybe they will be more readily available soon. They are MORE expensive than any of the other Dodge wheels also FWIW.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6 spokes are VERY rare and we have been waiting for 7 months for 2 replacements even with our connections! If you can find some blems out there they look great blacked out also and are light. Now that things are up and running again maybe they will be more readily available soon. They are MORE expensive than any of the other Dodge wheels also FWIW.

Nice rims!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about that?
I have heard the sidewinders are lighter than 25lbs and when I had one of them shipped to me I could swear that even in the box it weighted less than 25lbs, it was surprising to pick it up as it looked like it should have been heavier.

I have a set on my 2008 and weighed them before they were mounted with tires, TMPS sensors etc. I have seen other weight listings of 18 lb front and 25 lb rear but I believe my figures are pretty accurate.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one awesome Viper. It looks so much more menacing that a standard coupe.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and as mark has amply demonstrated they are by far the best stock rim for showing off your aftermarket rotors...chromed 6 spokes will be on my next viper

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great looking Viper but I think I am the only guy left on the planet who does not care for black wheels. Totally personal, and I am showing my age, but to me it is like showing up for a basketball game wearing black socks (I know some are doing that now)

AS mentioned I have 6 spokes but the best looking wheel I have had on my Vipers (and I have had almost all OE wheels) is the 5 spoke as chromed by CalChrome. I am thinking of doing it for the 6s, as they are getting milky looking as all polished wheels seem to.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I really want to like the new 6 spokes - but something about them screams vette to me. Mark's look good in black though. Still like the 5 spokes and LOVE them after treatment by Calchrome:

cal_chrome_5_spoke_Large_.JPG

Reaction score
Very true that the 5 spokes are the best rim that has come on the Viper. They are just brutish enough and clean lined to be a "Viper worthy wheel". I like the light weight and open look of the 6 spoke though for racing. BTW as if you all didn't know Cal Chrome is really the only option if you want the BEST in chrome. ;)

I really want to like the new 6 spokes - but something about them screams vette to me. Mark's look good in black though. Still like the 5 spokes and LOVE them after treatment by Calchrome:

cal_chrome_5_spoke_Large_.JPG

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true that the 5 spokes are the best rim that has come on the Viper. They are just brutish enough and clean lined to be a "Viper worthy wheel". I like the light weight and open look of the 6 spoke though for racing. BTW as if you all didn't know Cal Chrome is really the only option if you want the BEST in chrome. ;)

No doubt about it. They are a large, first class operation and did a great job on mine including the red lettering on the SRT.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do look nice in person. If you like the overall appearance, check out the CCW SP600 wheel also. Similar spoke shape, but you get a nice lip too.

Complete Custom Wheel

This wheel (CCW SP600) is a favorite of mine also,but I checked their website,and unless I'm mistaken,they're not available in chrome.When money allows,I'll look for a used set and put the savings towards having them chromed.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like them in black too! :D

You must be registered for see images

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I liked the look of the 5 spoke wheels too but they are very heavy wheels .... so I sold the set that came on my 06. Taking the 5 spokes and runflats off and replacing them with Sidewinders and PS2s from JonB saved almost 50lbs - all rotating mass!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true that the 5 spokes are the best rim that has come on the Viper.. ;)

Yeah but aren't the 5 spoke on other dodge models. Nothing worse than pulling up in your nasty Viper along side a charger with the same wheels. The 6-spoke are exclusive to the Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth