New 5 spoke wheels on the SRT-10 Coupe

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visited the Connor Ave. plant today. It was a great experience. I noticed the wheels looked different on the new blue coupes. They are not the ones we have seen in Viper Magazine, Spring 2005, nor the ones we are used to seeing in the press releases. They are the ones shown in the post "New Coupe at Crystal Cove". Albert Fattal was the poster. The wheels don't look too good, to me. I strongly prefer the press release wheels. But I still will buy the car. All else was positive. Saw about 20 blue coupes, one red and one black. None of the coupes had stripes---I was told the stripes are applied off site, after build. None of the coupes had the silver console treatment. That apparently is changed out after the initial build.

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They looked really good, but I think they will look better with the stripes. Just my opinion. The rear end looks real strong, and the roof looks great. There is a slight ridge about 3 or 4 inches above each window running front to rear, which I hadn't really noticed before, which looks cool. The gas cap cover is not a cheap plastic piece---I held the part---it weighs a couple of pounds. Another thing I noticed---the 2006 SRT convertibles all have the silver badging on the sides.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds to me like the blue coupes you saw were not First Editions. Why would they put in the black interior first and then change it out? Also it would seem that they would paint the stripes before the entire car is assembled.

Bob K

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yellow coupe would be pretty hot but I would take blue w/ white stripes anyday!

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds to me like the blue coupes you saw were not First Editions. Why would they put in the black interior first and then change it out? Also it would seem that they would paint the stripes before the entire car is assembled.

Bob K

They were First Editions with all the correct interior items except the silver colored console. Maybe there is a parts delay on the silver colored console. I was told they were going to be transported to another location to get their stripes. I did look at the parts racks which held the roof and the rear hatch---they were marked "blue/white stripe". I thought that was odd, since the parts were definitely solid blue. I looked at a few VINs. One was 300 and another was 314 or 316.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vinyl stripes? Painted stripes after the first clear would be odd, since they would have to re-clear the whole top front and back of the car. Then they would still have more of an 'edge' when runnning your hand across them. Odd. Maybe only the first editions will have it done this way.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vinyl stripes? Painted stripes after the first clear would be odd, since they would have to re-clear the whole top front and back of the car. Then they would still have more of an 'edge' when runnning your hand across them. Odd. Maybe only the first editions will have it done this way.

That's how they've always done the stripes. Go feel a Gen 2 hood that has stripes.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wheels

Same finish as the Copperhead rims, same supplier, slightly different but very sharp.

Stripes

They are done the same as on the Commemorative Edition, and speaking from the past, the paint quality on the stripes of this model is the best yet. Current technology and changes in production mean virtually no overspray issues that were common on the Gen IIs undersides ( bumpers , primarily ).

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the correct interior items, how much blue?

Blue items from what I understand...

1-Steering wheel, 1/2 Blue & 1/2 Black
2-Shifter knob
3-E brake handle

Also on the 1st edition, center cluster has a type of brushed alum. insert...

There is a good picture of the interior in the Spring issue 2005 VCA magazine

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the straight skinny:

Blue/black steering wheel
Blue Shift knob and emergency brake handle
Blue stitching and embroidery on the seats
Car Cover with Stripes on it!!!
Floor mats - blue stitching

I do not believe there will be an aluminum radio/ac controls surround bezel at all.