new aluminum flywheel

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every winter I get into this thing about upgrading the Viper with a new bolt on...nothing real fancy, just something to spice it up for next spring. It's a '99 GTS with WCV ECU modification, Random Tech hi flo cats, 3" Corsa, 3.55 Unitrax differential, tubes and filters. Car runs great, looks perfect and has 9500 miles on it. OK, so I just ordered a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel and will install in March when I get the car out of bed. What's everybody's experience with the Fidanza product and/or aluminum flywheels in general? What about the flywheel's balance...will it be OK to just bolt on or does everything have to come out of the car to be balanced? Great time to ask these questions, I know, but all of a sudden I started to wonder! Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!!

OP
OP
T

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Redsled,now it's clear as mud! I guess, like many things in life, opinions are abundant...everybody has one. Well, it arrived in the mail today and I'll have it installed in March. I'll post MY opinion then! Sadly, it won't be the first time I pi$$ed away $393! By the by, I noticed that Tom (geek of the realm) posted his opinion in the link you provided. I've quizzed him before on issues and he has always steered me straight...he liked it (I think?) so we'll see.