new battery leaking

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came back from a day at the track (Sebring) to find strange green water droplets on my garage floor, behind the left rear tire. It took me till today to realize it's battery fluid. I just bought the battery with the car in June :mad:

Question, is this a problem with Vipers and should I put in one of those battery pads?
I'm going out to pull the tire off now, to see what exactly is leaking. It's under warranty but it discolored some of the paint :( and I'm no mechanic.

any thoughts?

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just reading under HOW TO about the jell batteries,

Do you think the over flow is from tracking the car?

I don't mind getting the optima but are there any draw backs? I hate the idea that my frame and body work is being eaten away by battery fluid.

terribleted13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,
batterys will boil/leak if the acid level is too high and if the system is overcharging-too much voltage.I also recommend the optima! :D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just assisted a friend last night with same problem...wear eye protection, disposable gloves... mix up baking soda and water...get a medium sized brush and a toothbrush and GO AT IT...then flush with water, dry, consider primer and repaint in very near future...go GEL if future plans include track....be sure to go over all the fasteners with baking soda solution and toothbrush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlindell