New Board is now OPEN! Some changes still to be made..

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a very long night of importing all the messages, users and other information we are finally on the new system. Later tonight there will be an "upgrade" to the boards, followed by a week of coding changes. Except for some brief outages, we expect the boards to be online most of the time.

Please be patient. Features and layout changes will occur over the next week; so not everything is in place yet.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Anyone reading thia and having problems.....either e-mail myself or MP.....or click on the "MY HOME" link in the center at the top of the page. That is where you update your profile and get your cookie set. Your usernames are the same, as well as your password.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the PM section work soon? I'm keen to be able to view my PM:s, the section is open but all PM:S are missing...

Reaction score
Good to see you JP. The old PM's did NOT migrate....since PM's were never really a part og the original board. I added that.

Rest assured though, if you want them, I can get them for you and e-mail you the contents.

We apologize for the growing pains and hope everyone is having some success locating all the new things here. Very soon we will post a little note addressing all the new features, which are covered pretty well in the FAQ to an extent. ANY questions just ask. :)

S

SUN RA KAT

<font color="yellow"> Boy, this sure looks different. At least there's YELLOW. <font color="purple"> </font color>Can we change the background color so the text stands out more? </font color>

Reaction score
:) Either that...or I can get rid of yellow text?!?!? LOL JUST KIDDING!! Let's just take things one step at a time. :) There is still a ton to do before we can settle into fine-tuning all of this for you (and the others). Deal? :)

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP,

Your efforts continue to amaze me :) (and all else who worked on this). The new version is much cleaner and much more responsive.
Thanks.

Clark

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Clark! We still have some more work to do - later tonight I'll upgrade the boards to the latest version and then over the next week we'll add functionality.

I think once people get used to the new layout - and see all the new features available - that they will be very happy with the change.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red"> This is gonna take some getting used to! I'm used to the "views" and "replies" being switched on the index.... Looked at a post and thought, "Wow! 184 replies!!" At least now I can post in scarlet and gray! Go Bucks! </font>

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you make the gray tones a bit lighter to improve the contrast ? When viewing in a bright room, even the black against the dark gray backgrounds causes some squinting.
Also, where on the reply page, which is where I am now typing this reply, are the links to my uploaded pictures, and where to insert pictures to post in replys, as before ??
Thank you,
Later,

Reaction score
Can you make the gray tones a bit lighter to improve the contrast ? When viewing in a bright room, even the black against the dark gray backgrounds causes some squinting.
Also, where on the reply page, which is where I am now typing this reply, are the links to my uploaded pictures, and where to insert pictures to post in replys, as before ??
Thank you,
Later,

Don,
The UPLOADS will be brought back as we move along...it will be coming, as well as some other things... :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure if everyone notices...but when you view the list of threads, anything that has UNREAD messages for you has a WHITE background (as opposed to the differing shades of grey). :)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Why the change? I'm not knocking the amount of work you guys put in, but I feel as though I am surfing ?FTP? sites again. I think this layout is dated.

Sorry I don't deal well with sudden downshifts like this...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if everyone notices...but when you view the list of threads, anything that has UNREAD messages for you has a WHITE background (as opposed to the differing shades of grey). :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but thats not happening for me - yet. New posts are being made but nothing is changing colour anywhere.

Also, board Gods, can you loose the title for each post? I'm not sure if its done that way for a reason, but its a headache reading a post, then the thread title, post, title, post, ect....

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do me 2 favors?

1 - make it so I can hit CTRL + Mouse Wheel to change sizes so I can READ it?

2 - set it so posts I've read turn grey and don't all stay the same color.

I went blind trying to read this stuff, and I have 20/20 and a 17" screen.

Otherwise, looks great so far!

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try, but dont always succeed! :lol:

Tony and I were both up til about 2am Saturday night working on the import. With over 200,000 messages, that took a while. While Tony works on the layout of the board, I am trying to write scripts to: remove duplicate signtures (already done), import the VCA Member list and am going to try and import the *** from the old board as well.

If I sound edgy at times, please cut me some slack; we still have alot of work to do... ;)

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gotta say, while i hear a few people griping about the new board layout, I definitely like it better than the old format! the grey/white features are nice and I also like how when you select a thread it automatically goes to the new posts rather than having to scroll through. Keep up the good work! Just a question though, will our old PM's be imported over??
-Bruce

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP,

Could you add back the feature which was at the end of a link that allowed the web page to be seen as another new separate web page?

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. Maybe you could make the webpage <font color="blue"> Blue/ </font><font color="white"> White </font>so it could outperform the <font color="yellow"> yellow </font>version :D :laugh: :smirk: :crazy:

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news!

I was able to write a script that imported the Private Messages from the old board to the new one!

Also, the list of VCA Members has been coverted and titles have been set.

Sorry, we're not taking requests right now; too many things on our list right now. These two things were probably the hardest - now Tony and I can focus on the layout and features we need to add.

Reaction score
Never fails that Mr.Pierce and Tony always make the best from whatever they have. It seems like it just keeps getting better!! Great job guys!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP,

Could you add back the feature which was at the end of a link that allowed the web page to be seen as another new separate web page?

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. Maybe you could make the webpage <font color="blue"> Blue/ </font><font color="white"> White </font>so it could outperform the <font color="yellow"> yellow </font>version :D :laugh: :smirk: :crazy:

Yellow and Blue themes are on the list, and hopefully will be available in a week of so (guesstimate, do not hold us to this one :) ), Don Boston is the man for those. He did the current "Red" default.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay another gripe... I love the new spell check format... but... If the correct word is not on the list you cannot change it example - Exessive - the proper spelling (excessive) is not on the pulldown and you cannot add it. Is that fixable? Also I hit the "Apply" button and nothing changes on the orginal. How does that work?

Reaction score
Okay another gripe... I love the new spell check format... but... If the correct word is not on the list you cannot change it example - Exessive - the proper spelling (excessive) is not on the pulldown and you cannot add it. Is that fixable? Also I hit the "Apply" button and nothing changes on the original. How does that work?

I'm with you Bonks!! It sure isn't in the "sweet spot", but we'll be working on it to get it there. I'd like for it to automatically update the message box as well.....and to win the lottery....and.....world peace!! :) You can gripe all you want...we only want what you want. :) Sometimes we get grumpy and I apologize if/when that happens! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456