New car trailers?

vipermamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a Sloan kwikload rollback trailer and would like to see if anyone else has one or see how the Sloan Kwikload stacks up against the other Texas rollback trailers.

Thanks

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Sloan 20-foot aluminum bed trailer and have used it quite a bit. I have no performance complaints at all--it's a snap to load and unload and pulls like the wind at 90 mph without any side-to-side swinging at all. The electric brakes work well in a fully loaded panic stop too... at least from 60 mph to zero, hehe. I would buy it all over again today given my experience with it to date.

The only things worth grumbling about that I've found are pretty minor and are as follows:

1. The license plate frame is poorly located, requiring you to either remove the plate when loading and unloading, or relocate it altogether, to avoid risking scratching your car. And since the plate is only anchored on the bottom, the wind tends to tear it up as well. I relocated the plate to under the seat of my tow vehicle and so far it seems to work very well in that location.

2. The paint (what little there is on my trailer) is cheap and is already full of cracks after less than a year of ownership. I may touch up with spray paint if it starts flaking.

3. The in-bed tool boxes leak water in and hold it, submerging your tools and straps (and your license plate too if that's where you opt to relocate it). The simple fix is to drill a half inch drain hole or two in each box. I wonder why they don't do that in Texas during fabrication.

4. The bed screws on the aluminum-bed version are screws (not bolts) and as such all need to be checked and tightened from time to time.

Again, the gripes are really minor.

Here is a post on my trailer (with pic) and contact information for my dealer if you're interested in comparing prices.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=461252&Forum=UBB21&Words=sloan&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=461252&Search=true#Post461252

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love my Sloan 18 foot with wind/debris shield, spare tire & mount, etc. Worked great for my '02 GTS.

Jim Baughman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine for under $4K. Dean Sloan is a great guy to do business with. I have the 20' steel version & I agree with the license location being a bit close. Overall, I LOVE the trailer, no problems & easy to use.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My trailer with wind / debris shield and spare tire and tire mount was just under $3,800 - have the 18 foot steel version - have received numerous compliments on the operation of the trailer at various tracks - license plate holder is a bit close but very easy to modify and move over out of harms way