New Corsa Exhaust

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mt Corsa Tract installed on my '05 Viper yesterday. What a difference.
The car is w/o a doubt faster. It is also quite a bit louder. The heat has
gone down a little but not as much as I hoped for. Thanks for all the help
on the Forum when I asked "what exhaust do I get"? In hindsight, I might opt
for the Mopar b/c the Corsa is a little too loud for my taste. At idle and up to 2000 rpm (highway crusing speed max) she sounds great "but" juice it and all hell breaks loose. Now,I can finally sneak up on someone and "blast 'em" like the little SOB's Mustangs do to me sometime. I called around and asked questions about each exhaust Cosa (call the mfgr for best info), Roe racing was very helpful(Mopar), and the Borla I could not find available yet. My Beast is now really a Beast.
p.s. It still has a little smell that I hope will go away when heated up, and anyone have suggestions on an insulation wrap?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the smell goes quickly. Did you get the heat wrap for the Corsa? That made a big difference on mine.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Macedo Motorsports has ordered my Corsa Track exhaust and will be installing it sometime next week. Did you keep the stock cats or did you go with a high flow version? Is the sound somewhat like the sound clip on Corsa's website or is it louder?

I worry a bit about it being too loud. Yesterday my Valentine One saved my sorry butt (once again) but I am in stealth mode (stock exhaust). I hope the Corsa Track won't be alerting cops that I'm-a-commin'.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the stock cats....the smell has already gone away as others have said it would. I did not wrap the Corsa w/ anything other than the heat shield that was
there before. The sound is harsh but at idle you can hear the cam rumble which
is what I wanted. I may add the inserts as mentioned in another reply as long as you can remove 'em. It is louder than the web site description. In fact when
I really get on it, the sound is like straight pipes. Maybe if the exhaust went out the rear instead of the side it would be better.
The best though......it's acts like an wild animal wanting to get loose.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering the Corsa with high flow cats. I mean how loud can it be? And you are saying its lound with stock cats.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Patrick

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.....but I would suggest you find one to listen to.
Tomorrow I have someone coming by to hear them b/c of the
same situation you have. They are nice but just a bit louder
than I wanted them. You can still play the radio as b/f.....
I wish the Corsa guys had one just a tone or two less.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not one for a loud exhaust and must say the Corsa is the best of both worlds. However, with high flow cats, I heard it is overwhelming.

I personally love it. The idle is now lumpier and mean. Cruising between 1k and 2k is quiet and can hear the radio fine. 2,000 and higher is scary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog