*NEW CORSA Video Uploaded*

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice sound ! What happens to the moderate Drone that happens in the stock GTS between 2,000 and 2,400 rpm when cruising with windows closed ?
Is it still present, or have you got rid of it completly ?

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys think that sounds good for a top tier 650HP sports car? It sounds like crap....

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't tell the difference between this and stock but since it is corsa it is definitely a quality piece regardless. I bet it is lighter too.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the design changed after they tried rhe same system on my car. I would guess the two mufflers weigh at least 50 lbs. The muffler fills the entire sill.

I have some GoPro WOT video/audio. I will post next week.

I can't tell the difference between this and stock but since it is corsa it is definitely a quality piece regardless. I bet it is lighter too.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The differences seem too subtle from stock for me to really tell the difference on computer speakers. I'm pretty happy with the stock exhaust, I'll just hold out until someone has a great headers/full exhaust combo that shows meaningful performance gains because I don't think I'll be changing for sound alone.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the design changed after they tried rhe same system on my car. I would guess the two mufflers weigh at least 50 lbs. The muffler fills the entire sill.

I have some GoPro WOT video/audio. I will post next week.

Are these just mufflers like an axle back system or the whole exhaust changed? I'm not really familiar with the viper side exhaust system.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mufflers, the cat is directly in front of the muffler. There is not much left to change except for the headers and turn-out.
Are these just mufflers like an axle back system or the whole exhaust changed? I'm not really familiar with the viper side exhaust system.

Last edited:

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mufflers, the cat is directly in front of the muffler. There is not much left to change except for the headers and turn-out.

Are they quieter or louder than stock? On my shelby when I put the corsa's on which were an axle back it actually was quieter in all gears below 4k RPM and doesn't get louder till around 5000-6500RPM

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Louder- the car is in the video above or go to the other exhaust thread for a video of the car at the dragstrip

Are they quieter or louder than stock? On my shelby when I put the corsa's on which were an axle back it actually was quieter in all gears below 4k RPM and doesn't get louder till around 5000-6500RPM

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just brought my car to the shop to get the Corsa exhaust installed and also new Mich PSS street tires on the Sidewinder 2 wheels. Will keep the Pirelli Corsas for track only, also on Sidewinders 2

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the Corsa mufflers installed and ** Boy ! What a change ! Nothing subtle here, it is much louder, I would guess something like 35 to 45% more sound, deeper tone too.
Reminds me more of just a little less sound and tone than a Gen4 with full Belanger headers and mufflers on. It's a great sound but not for the timid, louder than what I expected from listening to the video. I'm happy with it cause the drone is gone from the 2,000 to 2,400 rpm zone, so it's now more relaxed when cruising in that zone, but they did not eliminate it completly as it's coming back in the higher rpm zone around 4,000 or so. You really feel that this exhaust is freer flowing as they went from a 2 1/2" to a 3" pipe and the nice burbles and pops are much more present when decelerating. Overall, I'm very pleased with this system but my toughts of later adding headers to it would make too loud for my taste, and my neighbors too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang