New coupe production codes - can we follow our car through the line?

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a web site where we can monitor the progress of our car though production if we know the VIN? I vaguely remember something like this from a few years ago (maybe with the Final Edition GTS?) It would be nice to know approximately when the car might show up.

On a side note, does anyone know exactly which wheels will be part of the First Edition package. I don't want guesses here - I want verified info (and a picture would also be great).

Bob K

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dealer can follow the status of your car. I know of no website. Although I do not remember seeing 0301 last Tuesday at the plant, I did see 0300, off the line. My car, 0381, and Jason's--0380, are running together. Today they are not yet to engine/transmission install. I know this because my dealer, John Gastman of Roanoke Motors, checked on his orders last Thursday, before the plant shutdown for the holiday weekend. He said the first batch of coupes were being sent out for stripes this week. Your car is certainly among them. He also said none of the coupes would be shipped before September 20. I don't know his source.
As far as the wheels go, I'm sure you saw my previous post on the 5 spoke wheels. Bill Pemberton said "wheels--same finish as Copperhead rims, same supplier, slightly different, but very sharp". Trust me,and my prior post. I know what I saw. They were on the red coupe at Crystal Cove but highly polished.

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post side by side pictures of the Copperhead wheels and the Crystal Cove wheels? There was a close-up of the Copperhead rims posted on 6/19/05 by blonzz (post #555643). I don't know how to do this.

The Copper Head rims appear to have a much deeper dish (the rims protrude out beyond the spokes). I think they are very sharp and look nicer than the ones on the Crystal Cove coupe.

It feels strange to order a $90,000 car and not know many of the details about it, especially something as expensive as the wheels.

Bob K

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found out that my coupe is in I status (unit is pending final ispection). According to the order status codes that my dealer provided me it still has a few steps to go before being shipped.

Bob K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine