New DC Camshaft

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin announced this morning that his newly developed rubber (viscous) camshaft will duplicate the variable valve timing in the 08's.

"An extra 90-100 hp is possible with this new design".

This will easily make 03-07 models competitive with the new 08 engine for a fraction on the cost.

The power builds quickly as the engine revs advance. The expansion of the (patented) rubber camshaft gives smooth, quiet power with enhanced breathing abilities.

Dan says he has a list of interested customers "a mile wide" who have been waiting for this new release.

While not quite as powerful as Supercharging, Turbocharging or Nitros Oxide this inexpensive upgrade should allow owners of older SRT's to easily keep up with the newly designed steel camshaft from Dodge.

Sorry, but the newly available rubber camshafts are currenty available for SRT models. The Polomeric camshafts designed for older Vipers has been shelved at the moment for full production on the SRT models.
:drive:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, this is really true, Dan is recycling old run flats to make sure it not only provides optimum power, but it is green technology and uber friendly for the Earth.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok ok...you guys have finally convinced me....I am going for McCain.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much? Can it be mailed out?

No,
Dan will just BOUNCE it from his shop and it will auto-magically find your home by bouncing down the road and install itself in your car!

Rubber camshaft.....LOL!!

Funny

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When asked what it was made of exactly, Dan mumbled something about 'flubber'. Sounds like some kind of new invention for sure...

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there by chance matched heads to go along with this for added gains.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, and an updated ACR package too .....

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pteam.

Sorry about the jokers on this forum. They have a hard time taking anything seriously.

I would call Dan (DC Performance) at 310 841-6996 and see if it takes any special installation tools. I know it takes a special lube for installation, and you want to make sure you don't nick any of the journals, just like any other camshaft.

Tell Dan Paul says Hi.

If you are a VCA member please ask if he has a special price for members.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cam shaft is installed with a good clout with a rubber mallet to insure that both the shaft and the hammer have the same makeup as to not hurt the journals!!!!!!!!