Danny

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmmmmm, question for John. Maybe he will not have the application for the Viper. Sorry to jump the gun all...

Danny

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John does nice work at a reasonable price. I also prefer a one-piece wheel, vs. the 3 piece. Although, I would prefer a clear-coated wheel (like OEM). Bare aluminum is too much work unless it is a garage queen. Not sure if John offers this service? Anyone know?

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he makes them in 18" and NOT like the others he made in 19" only :-(
Agreed! Even with the 18's I'm slewing sideways when I punch 1st or 2nd gear, the 19" tires don't offer enough traction. I'd like to see less of a reverse lip on a Viper aftermarket wheel. It's just a big dust catcher, and looks ricey.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do 18-inch tires give more traction than 19-inch wheels? Seems to me that you would spin smaller tires more easily.

Big ferris wheel versus little ferris wheel; which one is harder to turn?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do 18-inch tires give more traction than 19-inch wheels? Seems to me that you would spin smaller tires more easily.

More sidewall that can flex on an 18" versus a 19".

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people with 19" Michelins have said they spin easier than the 18" Michelins.

Plus the Michelins are like 2lbs heavier each. The sidewall's thinner, so it's constructed heavier to absorb road impact. That weight's way at the outside where it'll give you a heavier flywheel effect to overcome.

Often adding 19's require lowering the car to have it look right. - More $$

I'd be happy with 18's :)

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't buy it. Neither sidewall will give significant wrinkle effect, and a moment of inertia closer to the wheel's edge can't possibly affect the flywheel. Thinner but heavier?????????? How do you do that?