New England Autocross this Saturday

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autocross is being held by the Bay state Corvette Club, and is open to all cars. It is a ton of fun, and I would highly reccomend it.

So click on the link below and come on up with your snake, to teach the pesky Vette guys how to run an autocross and redeem ourselves for last saturday..
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You beat me to it, Afy!

New England Vipers - this is going to be a great time, hosted by the Bay State Corvette club.

The details are on their site at
www.BayStateCorvetteClub.com

Here is is from their site:

Sat. Sept 8th @ Bose in Framingham

Schedule:

8:00-8:30 am.: Driver registration and tech inspection

8:30-9:30 am.: Course description and walkthrough

10:00-12:00 noon: Timed runs

12:00-1:00 pm.: LUNCH

1:00-3:00 pm.: Timed runs

3:00pm.: Results announced, trophies awarded

Directions: Mass Pike to exit 12, take route 9 west 1/4 mile, just past Sheraton Tara, take right at the Tin Alley Restaurant, follow signs to lower parking lot of the Bose

Open to all. This is a fun-no pressure event. Visitors and spectators are invited. You don't need a helmet to watch. Bring a lawn chair/blanket and cameras for this great gathering of corvettes! Spectators wishing to have lunch (pizza & a soda), there will be a $3.00 charge.

We may end up meeting up somewhere and cruise down together - more details on that soon. If you ARE going to attend, please email me at [email protected] and let me know, or post on this thread. You don't HAVE to RSVP in advance, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how many snakes will be there. So far we have 2 confirmed, let's get out there and have a good time folks! You don't *have* to race if you don't want to - you can spectate or go for rides with other drivers.

-Mike

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eng12:
Afy

Redeem ourselves?? I made to the last round just went to fast, oh you mean that the rest of you guys that lost in the first round
bounce.gif
just kidding.
I will try to make it. I will need some help as I have never done this before some pointers would be nice.
Are we going out after?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You went too fast.. we went too slow.. ;)So we lost anyhow.. j/k...
Tyhe autocross is a ton of fun... and there will be tons of experienced dirvers to advise you..
biggrin.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

The best advice to go fast is...

"if you are not 100% on the gas, then you should be 100% on the brakes, unless you are turning, in which case you are using 100% traction on the turn".

It sounds easier than it is!

The instructor at e-town drove my car and got a 43-second time.. I think he also dipped into the 42's. The best other drivers were in the 44's or higher. I got a 46-something.

AutoX is a ton of fun - you push the car harder than you knew possible... and maybe spin it too
smile.gif