New Gallery software going online!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://vca1.viperclub.org/menus/index_media.htm

For the past month or so I have been converting the Gallery software to PHP. The version I have uploaded is my first BETA of this product. Once complete, it will be easier to integrate the galleries with the message boards so that we have single logins and user clickable galleries.

The PHP version online now allow users to comment and Rate the images being displayed.

This conversion has resulted in over 8,000 lines of code; so if you see anything out of place, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
how do we delete one of our own photos? The edit key rejects even if it's by the orig poster.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The program was designed not to allow people to delete images. However, with this version I have added the feature where an owner of an image can move or delete the image.

I've just enable this feature and you should see a box at the bottom of the screen where you are looking at the image.

Keep in mind, the message boards do not allow you to delete a message (or move it); so I cannot promise that this feature will stay enabled. It probably will depend on how people use it.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Pierce,

I posted on the post that was locked and moved and have a feeling no one ever looks at where it was moved.

My question is: Where is the "Members Gallery" and, consequently, all my pictures?

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Craig. All the pictures are there... so are the Members galleries; I'm just trying out some features like not listing the Members gallery on the main page. You can still get to them by clicking on "other photos by so-and-so" while looking at one of those persons images.

I'm interested in feedback and just trying out new looks for the board. If people like have the Members Galleries listed on the index page, I'll flip a switch and put them back.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pierce:
I'm interested in feedback and just trying out new looks for the board. If people like have the Members Galleries listed on the index page, I'll flip a switch and put them back.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. I like the Members Galleries tab on the index page. You get to know something about the members on the forum and it's easier to go directly to their gallery through the Members Gallery.

(I did find all my stuff using the method you suggested. Thanks for that.)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Michael,
Thanks for enabling that feature. Hopefully it will stay within the author's control to move or delete a pic. True, while the message boards don't allow us to delete a message anymore, it does provide for an edit to a blank post. That function, in effect, deletes the post.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pierce:
However, with this version I have added the feature where an owner of an image can move or delete the image.

I've just enable this feature and you should see a box at the bottom of the screen where you are looking at the image.

Keep in mind, the message boards do not allow you to delete a message (or move it); so I cannot promise that this feature will stay enabled. It probably will depend on how people use it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 06-20-2002 at 04:28 PM</font>

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please bring back the MEMBERS GALLERY link. Thanks.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Michael.
smile.gif
smile.gif

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good job michael, i know this was many of hours of work for you. a couple things. i notice no "picture moderator" anymore this is probably intentional. the sort by # of views does not seem to work. it's unclear how the sort by ratings in the members gallerie works unless you include a ratings indicator somewhere.

Jason

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ratings are displayed with the images; however, if nobody has voted, then there is no rating. But that gives me an idea, if no votes, then secondary will be based on views...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen