New guy in TX

jthunderbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up Viper Club?

Name is JT. I didnt see a separate "Introduce Yourself" section so hope it is ok that I post here. Like many others, I have loved the I/II gen Vipers since I was a kid and they have come down to a reasonable price that I can afford.... so after months of looking, I finally pulled the trigger on a 97 GTS I found in Houston and drove her home last week.

Only driven the car a couple times and am trying to really get familiar with it before getting too crazy. I have had some vehicles with speed before (TT 300z, TT AWD Stealth, TA, Hayabusa, etc) but nothing quite like this (Busa was faster but not the same). I have noticed there seems to be a pretty good Viper crowd in the Houston area but not so much down here in SA... any reputable guys in the area?

I do not think I will need much work done, but would like to know before taking it somewhere I shouldnt. Also, if there are any meets or anything. Only one I know of is the classic car show at Biff's every Friday.

Anyway, looking forward to contributing what I can and continuing to troll the boards.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. Is that a real metal bodied truck I see next to your Viper? Post some details please.

OP
OP
J

jthunderbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is... well almost full metal. Fenders and running boards are fiberglass. It is a 41 Ford pickup with a SBC chevy in it (blasphemy I know).

I have always been a Ford guy OTHER than the Viper... Viper has had my heart since I was a kid, but I have been through a slew of Fords and will one day have a Cobra replica and a 67 fastback mustang in a bigger garage... but they were both lower priorities (considering I could have bought them for similar price).

Its funny though... I have had several people over since the Viper parked... everyone doesnt even notice the 41 anymore... come to a Viper forum and you gave her a little attention... thanks!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations....and welcome to a world of total badassery.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
I've always liked the GTS and the truck is way cool.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome--you're going to love this club as much as your Viper. This club will be a limitless resource of info for your Viper--Dave

OP
OP
J

jthunderbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... taking the car out here in a couple hours for the 1st time since I bought it. Just wish there was more of a San Antonio Viper crowd... maybe I will see one at the car show.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
congrats & welcome to the club. I'm guessing you like "red", red viper, red bike, red truck !!! Sweet, and enjoy

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JT, I have been looking for a couple that live near you, ex Viper people, and want some literature they may have...their names are Judy and Ed Gee, let me know if you know of them or how I can reach them ...thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62