1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy looking for ACR

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by Gustfront, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Enthusiast

No hood pad, Carbon Fiber speaker covers, Radio delete plate and a Mychron track timer.

Bruce

2. B & R

B & R Enthusiast

Don't forget the Carbon Fiber Battery Cover as well! Wade, my wife and I will be at C&C not sure which car we are bringing but will have at least one Venom Red (the candy apple red color) ACR there.

Richard

3. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thanks again for the answers all. I guess I should have looked "Hardcore" ACR up online.:)

4. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thanks for the info. My girlfriend and I might go to C & C if we can get up early enough. :) Seems like the last time I went it filled up pretty fast.
    I noticed on the bottom of you post it says "converted ACR coupe". What is it converted to.? I looked up acrx and know thats a non-street legal acr, but couldn't find converted. So much to learn about these cars....

Thanks again everyone.

5. LiquoRT/10

LiquoRT/10 Enthusiast

6. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Enthusiast

Hey GUSTFRONT Im right down the road from you in Spring. If you need any help, get in touch with me. Also the Houston club is very active with a bunch of great Viper enthusiasts. Im also considering selling my 09 yellow/black ACR with only 2100 miles in pristine shape.

7. Jay Lopez

Jay Lopez Enthusiast

"Converted" means you started with a standard car, and bought the ACR parts to convert yours to an ACR.

8. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thank you for the offer. As for myself, I am only interested in the orange or white/black ACR's. If you don't mind me asking, what are you going to replace it with if you sell?.

9. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thank you for the explanation. So is there any way I, as a new buyer, can determine if the car is a real ACR or not. Does the vin # show what the car is.?

Thanks

10. Boxer12

Boxer12 Enthusiast

The Motor Trend article has it right...but doesn't mention that the speaker covers, battery cover and radio panel are nice finished carbon fiber pieces. ;) It also makes the car more rare, fwiw. This might be a 1 off car. For eg., I have seen several other graphite ACR's like mine, but never another HC version yet.

Rarity would not seem to be an issue here though, since you will have two orange ACR's in your little corner of the world (if you pick one up)...LOL

11. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Well if it's the same Orange Hardcore ACR you are talking about, the owner wants about $8000 more then I am willing to pay for a 5 year old car.
    I'm sure one will turn up within my price range. :)

12. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Enthusiast

By just looking at the VIN without speaking to someone with access to the build information related to the VIN, I don't think so. I might be wrong, but according to http://www.theviperregistry.org/vin.php there is no specific designation in the VIN itself.

I'll be at C&C with our 2009 in the morning and could show you a couple of the obvious things to look for on a 'converted' ACR since I know at least one converted car will be there. A well done conversion might be hard to spot.

13. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thank you smokin, I appreciate the help. I am going to try to motivate my girlfriend to come with me. She likes cars too, just not early in the morning on weekends. :)

BTW, I was reading through the Houston region threads and found that shooter guy they said owns the Orange ACR that blasted by us, but he must have his pm option shut off, because it won't let me send a message.
    Do you know if he is going to be there tomorrow.? Do you all go as a club?.

Anyways, everyone has been pretty nice answering my questions.
    Thanks

14. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

Don't worry Gus if you find a car you like and have questions about it post it up here.
    We know Vipers.

15. balance

balance Enthusiast

David is as nice a guy as you will find and has a "brand new" (0 mile) 1 of 1 orange ACR available for a very reasonable $. I have emailed this thread to him and have many pictures if you choose to PM me.

16. Car Lover

Car Lover Viper Owner

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Hey cool that's me you guys are talking about!!!
    Yes I still have the car and it should be in the club classified adds as well!!

Thanks Balance!!

17. Car Lover

Car Lover Viper Owner

I just realized it expired.....tried to re enter the add........not sure if it worked its not up but the site says it takes a while to upload.

I do believe I have the car your looking for!!

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

18. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Well if you keep it a secret, I don't know that do I. What do you have?. Also, if it's a Canadian car, it won't do me much good here.

Wade

19. pdub

pdub Enthusiast

A white/black/red one has popped back up on ebay. It's a hardcore though.

20. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

I noticed that car last night pdub. Left a message. They haven't got back to me yet.

21. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

Hardcore version is the only ACR I'd want, personally. Think about it, it even says it on the window sticker. What other car can claim "Hardcore" as a factory option? None.

22. Car Lover

Car Lover Viper Owner

It's now up on the classified listings again. Yes it's a Canadian car but it's fine anywhere the only difference is the speedo, which reads in both km's and miles.
    Also the driving lights which make it rare. That's it anyone can import it!!
    It's not like Gen one cars that had different seat belts.

23. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Ok,
    I narrowed it down today. Another question though. The orange ACR's don't all come with that two-toned interior right?. Because I can tell you right now, that if they do, I'm not getting an Orange ACR. :crazy2: I had a conversation with an owner today, but forgot to ask that question.

Thank you all that have pm'd me with pic's and offer's. I truly appreciate it. To save everybody the effort in the future though, I'm not going to pay more then $83k-$85k for a 5 or even 4 year old car. Especially without a warranty. I don't care that so and so got $123,000 at Barrett-Jackson....sell your car there then.

I've narrowed it down to orange with black stripes or the white with blk center and red drivers stripe. I was told there are only 4 orange with blk stripes in existence.:(

Thanks to an anonymous tip, I actually got in touch with and had a good conversation with the guy (Robert) in the car that blasted past me. Unfortunately, he said his car is not for sale, but gave me a lot of great info on these car's and just how special they are. Makes me want one even more now.

Which reminds me. Does anyone have a Toxic orange car that they would post pictures of.? Someone here had mentioned a 2010 Toxic Orange ACR. That car with the graphite ? stripes looks to be a 1 of 1 but I'm afraid the color is the same as the burnt orange the Z06's have. It's hard to tell in the pictures on the dealer website.

Thanks all,
    You have been loads of help and I appreciate it.

Wade

24. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

So to put a close to my search...I found an 09 ACR, white/blk center/red drivers stripe and it should be at my place late next week.:headbang:

So for the obvious questions. Under 1800 miles, and under $84k. I am sooo stoked:drive::drive:

Thanks for the help to some Houston ACR owners in the wheeling and dealing. Your facts got the price down a couple grand. :)

Wade

25. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

Congrats Gus.
    IMO the best color combination EVER on an ACR.
    You're gonna be a rockstar now...:2tu:

26. ViperGal

ViperGal Enthusiast

Congrats on getting bitten. Call Ben and Bernie at Viper Exchange here in Texas - not only can they set you up with a car but as the Gen 4 have no traction control - performance driving to keep you safe. Enjoy - warning there is no looking back and you will likely have a smile for every drive long past the first few hundred miles. On our 5th and still gushing like a school girl

27. chorps

chorps Enthusiast

Congrats and time to join the VCA!

28. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

Congrats! That was quick. White ACR's are my favorite, can't wait to see it.

Tony

29. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Thanks. It was my 2nd choice, but I am still pretty happy. The car I wanted is not for sale (trust me I tried), and the other orange cars were priced on fantasy island or something.
    Wade

30. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

I didn't know what you were talking about, then read the stickies. Thanks for the heads up. I'll suffer along as is for now.