New guy looking to buy a Viper ACR....

FIREITUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the board and I am ready to buy one of my dream cars which is a GEN II Viper ACR. I am wanting to spend right around 45K. The year that I am looking for would be a 1999 as I am wanting forged pistons for future mods and dont really have to have ABS,... but I would consider a 2001-02 ACR.

The color would have to be either red,yellow,black,silver or blue....I think that covers most colors :D .
I dont know which years offered which colors but i am flexible. I dont really care about how much mileage but nothing ridiculously high.:(

For the right car I would be willing to pay a bit more.

If anyone knows of one for sale please PM me as I would be very interested. :usa:

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
have you searched around or asking us to do that for you? i looked the other day for ACRs because i was thinking of buying one and found so many for sale. you wont have a problem looking for one...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there is a perfect Silver/blue ACR with low mileage for sale right now in the classified for a great price. Go for it.

Lambojf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be no problem locating ACR's for sale , but for 45K you may have to be looking for some time.Maybe you could find one that needs some work. GTS coupes run at least that much, and ACR's will certainly fetch higher prices.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be no problem locating ACR's for sale , but for 45K you may have to be looking for some time.Maybe you could find one that needs some work. GTS coupes run at least that much, and ACR's will certainly fetch higher prices.
I agree, I would plan on spending atleast high 50's or low 60's for a nice one. I think BJ Motors has atleast one Black Silver which is really nice. I know where there is a super nice Sapphire w/stripes with super low miles but he want top dollar accordingly. Just wish I had the money to add it next to my GTS in the garage.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRs are the way to go! Wheels alone are worth the premium, plus they are very rare. If you are are patient sometimes you can get lucky... I found a 99 black/silver ACR with 2100 miles (one owner) for 46k a month ago. Normal price range though is 50-60 (depending on mileage).

OP
OP
F

FIREITUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not looking for a perfect car as I know that will require more bucks. I am willing to wait for the right car as I am sure it will take some time. I did look at the classified on this board but I noticed that most of them are old posts.
I figured what better way to look for a Viper than to announce what you are looking for on a great forum such as this as it just may aid me in my search.

V

Venomiss

Hey guys, I am not looking for a perfect car as I know that will require more bucks. I am willing to wait for the right car as I am sure it will take some time. I did look at the classified on this board but I noticed that most of them are old posts.
I figured what better way to look for a Viper than to announce what you are looking for on a great forum such as this as it just may aid me in my search.

So here's another idea for you. Find the Viper Club that is near your area. Google is probably best and find their website. E-mail or phone them and see if they have an event or meeting where you can talk with Viper owners. We have several owners in our club who hear about a car for sale this way.
Plus you might get to meet the owners and get a backgound possibly-double bonus. :) There are viper clubs from California to New Jersey. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
F

FIREITUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fireitup,

If you find one, get me the VIN# and I'll run it on Chrysler's date base for you!:cool:
914-763-3136

It seems that some guys have had some good luck in finding the right car for them.
I am looking at a few right now but am not looking to rush it.

Chuck I would appreciate it and I will give you a call with some numbers once I find what I am looking for.:2tu:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck on your search. They are out there, you just have to be patient and keep on looking. Look at the 2,000 miles ACR had for $46K by one of the forum's members (see earlier post.

All I can say is that I have found PLENTY of great deals on ACR's in the range you are looking to stay within. Only problem for me is none of them seem to be Graphite or Steel Gray.

P.S. you're not looking for a Graphite or Steel Gray ACR are you? I don't need any more competition ;)

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that some guys have had some good luck in finding the right car for them.
I am looking at a few right now but am not looking to rush it.

Chuck I would appreciate it and I will give you a call with some numbers once I find what I am looking for.:2tu:

That's awesome Chuck!

FIREITUP, I recently bought a viper and payed for a 30-day carfax subscription which expires 11/16/07. I'd be more than happy to run some VINs for you, although they aren't as conclusive as Chrysler's DB. Still, one is able to find quite a few vipers with questionable pasts (or at least histories one might not be comfortable with). I found two model year 2000s each with 5 owners. One went from Hawaii to Iowa to Nebraska to Nevada to Utah, with the other moving from Pennsylvania to NY to Texas to New Jersey to Utah. Man, talk about well traveled cars. They could be fine cars, but no thanks for me.

Point is, take your time, do your homework, and ask lots of questions.. The economy is softening and will continue to do so. The supply of used vipers are not likely to diminish any time soon, so make sure you get exactly what you are after. Also, I was bored last night (after ditching my friends and a party for taking my Viper for a spin) and posted this:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/607801-bored-carfaxing-used-vipers-buyer-beware.html

Viper enthusiasts don't let prospective Viper enthusiasts buy crappy cars. Good luck man.

OP
OP
F

FIREITUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still searching. I should have pulled the trigger on one a few months ago but didnt.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) There is an all red 02 ACR on ebay right now with 4k+ miles and currently $45k+, and ends on the 14th. It reads the way you want it to in his remarks. Have a Dodge dealer run the vin. Good Luck.:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96