New Hard Top ( pics)

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hardtop11.JPG
When I saw the Autoform top on Dragon rider's red vert, I just had to have one. Its like having another car..without having to buy more insurance..
hardtop31.JPG

V

Venomiss

Hadn't seen it in white and looks spectacular! Good decision on the top!

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No modifications, although the first few times you install it you have to use slight force due to the weatherstriping not being used to being compressed. It uses the latch over the rear view mirror and also clamps to existing hardware at the "C" pillar.

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey ,love the white.
makes it look like a whole car.
ok heres the dumb question,c pillar,and is your original top still on the car
like can you take the hard top off and raise the soft one.cheers i just got to get one.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks perfect! But not yet owning an SRT I'm curious as to why you want a hard top. I was under the impression that the GEN 3 convertible top was comparable to a hardtop (unlike the GEN 2 soft top).

Is there a major difference in interior noise (perhaps temperature) between the convertible top and the hardtop? I'm guessing this isn't a winter issue since you're in Georgia. Or is this mostly just because you enjoy the look?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have just bought a Ron Fellows Z. :smirk:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local drag strips are very strict in the Atlanta area. Once you break the 13 sec barrier at Atlanta Dragway you must have a approved hardtop or roll bar. Also Road Atlanta will not allow you to participate in any DE event without a hardtop of rollbar.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
One thing to be careful of with these removable hard tops is when putting them on, be careful to line up the pins on the outside of the tops before you push it into place. If you're not careful, you will scratch / nick up the plastic pieces that surround these holes. Good thing is that you can buy new ones and they're easy to replace - had to do it already.

Another thing is to be careful with the fit at the center of the car. If it's off center just a little bit, you'll scratch the center area around the latch. Haven't found the correct touch up paint yet.

Nice tops though.

Dan