New Heat Shields

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All, I wanted to show off my new heat shields from Advanced Thermal Products (ATP). I bought them through Dan Cragin at DC performance.

They were extremely simple to install compared to the stock shields (the stock one had to be bent, hammered and cut for my TNT headers.

I went with aftermarket shields due to the fact I was melting things inside the engine compartment Heater motor, Air intake plenum) see pictures of my melted stuff.

I have noticed a considerable change in my under hood temps, and my new heater motor and plenum are fine. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark "Abel to run my AC again" Cooper

You must be registered for see images

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
190shields-med.jpg

one of our members had his installed by Dan around 12 months ago, believe they were holding up pretty well

You've got some serious heat there Mark :eek:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy shyte and I thought the little half inch by three inch hole in the corner of my fresh air box was bad! That is a full-on meltdown. Was that during a track event or something?

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who are interested in the product here is the manufacturer's web site: Click here for ATP

However there is a better solution to prevent such domage: For 60$ you can install a header temperature sensor. Anyhow such a temperature is abnormal and may even domage the engine. Better to know when the temperature gets above normal.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, could ya make yer name a little longer so It would be totally impossible to read the forum headers?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
They were not cheap

Well, compared to the price of a new
heater box and various other viper-only,
no longer made, parts I think $500 is a
bargin.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set from Dan about 6 months ago, Im having them installed by Chuck Tator on monday along with my B&B (jethot coated) headers.

Yeah they were $512 with shipping, I'll see if they are worth it next week sometime.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the name of that material he uses?

ATP stands for Advanced Thermal Products. They make their own material and sell it to everyone from the Navy to commercial power stations. They also offer a kit to address hot sills in the Gen I/II and Gen III. DC Performance helped them develop thier products for the Viper market (hence the easy installation and excellent fit). Dan had them on Display at the Nashville VOI.