New Here

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here! Don't own a Viper yet but I am looking to purchase one in the near future. I'm having a hard time trying to decide which I want. GTS or RT10. I like both. Currently I own 4 Vettes. My latest being an 02 Z06. The other 3 are 62,64,66. I love Vettes but I'm ready to try something else. The awesome Viper is I think the perfect choice. I've always wanted one just never stepped up to the plate and bought one. I'm interested in a low mileage Gen.II. Also, if any one has any pointers or advice on different models please let me know. I don't know a lot about Vipers in general.
Thanks this seems to be a great place to hangout.

S

SUN RA KAT

You sure got a great toy collection! Why not add both Vipers to your collection?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since you sound like a guy who keeps a great car a while....

Buy a Blue-White 96-97 GTS.
Or a 1997 or newer RT/10
Or a 1998 GT-2 {GTS-R Replica)
Or a 1999 GTS,RT/10, or ACR.
Or a 2002 Final Edition.

Check The Classifieds HERE; Make contact with {alphabetical):

JOHN GASTMAN - Roanoke Motors
ERIC LEE - Latham Motors
BILL PEMBERTON - Woodhouse Dodge

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of this is about convertible vs.coupe. I've owned a bunch of Corvettes too. Still have original owner 69 big block, NCRS #1256. I'm assuming you are losing the Z06 in favor of the Viper. The 62 is of course a roadster, but I can only guess about the other midyears. GTS is what you want if you are swapping out the Z06. I sweated out the RT10 vs GTS thing for 6 months. If any of the other cars are keepers and ARE convertibles, then you already own some great open air cars. Get the GTS. It's like waterfront property, God ain't making any more! Seriously, the GTS is done, at least for now, as a Corvette guy I think you will understand this, buy a GTS now, hold on to it and you got yourself a 67 Vette 435/l88, just check the production numbers.
---------------
"I think that if you are in the passing lane, and not passing, your license should be revoked, and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise to never delay the rest of us again." .. George Carlin

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Lee00blacksilverGTS on 10-31-2002 at 05:28 PM</font>

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT
Thanks, I've really enjoyed owning them. I wish I could afford to buy both, but I'm building a new house and have to keep a close watch on my funds. Your Yellow Viper is beautiful. That's my favorite color. Two of my vettes are yellow.

Lee00blacksilverGTS
Good observation, I probably will sell the Z06. My midyears are all convertible so It's not like I will be without a drop top. Your probably right I should go for the GTS. Cost will be the main factor. If I wasn't building a large house at the moment I'd spring for a 02 ACR, Final edition etc..So if a nice GTS or RT10 comes along I'll ****** it. Sounds like you have a nice 69 Big Block. I've always wanted one of those, it was the year I was born. BTW, your black/silver looks great.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
a lot of this is about convertible vs.coupe. I've owned a bunch of Corvettes too. Still have original owner 69 big block, NCRS #1256. I'm assuming you are losing the Z06 in favor of the Viper. The 62 is of course a roadster, but I can only guess about the other midyears. GTS is what you want if you are swapping out the Z06. I sweated out the RT10 vs GTS thing for 6 months. If any of the other cars are keepers and ARE convertibles, then you already own some great open air cars. Get the GTS. It's like waterfront property, God ain't making any more! Seriously, the GTS is done, at least for now, as a Corvette guy I think you will understand this, buy a GTS now, hold on to it and you got yourself a 67 Vette 435/l88, just check the production numbers.
---------------
"I think that if you are in the passing lane, and not passing, your license should be revoked, and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise to never delay the rest of us again." .. George Carlin
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96